Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Show scene behind Windows

Sorry for all of the consecutive requests
I'm trying to learn RGSS, and are writing some systems for my game.
1 thing that makes the map scripts look bad is that i'm wrtiting a custom fishing script, written under Scene_Fish, the map dissapears and goes to black (as per usual)
Can I make it leave the map there? Behind the windows?
And if so, is it possible to let the map keep updating, yet showing windows from a different class? I ask because I have a lot of modifications to scene_map to do with my hud, and i'd prefer not to have to go putting even more code in that already cluttered area.

:D

Ares

This is an example scene showing the map.
[rgss] 
class Example

def main
  @spriteset = Spriteset_Map.new # Draw the map

Graphics.transition # Begin the main loop
  loop do
   Graphics.update
   Input.update
   update
   break if $scene != self
  end # End the main loop
  Graphics.freeze

@spriteset.dispose # Dispose of spriteset when scene is aborted
 end

def update
  @spriteset.update # Update the spriteset
   if Input.trigger?(Input::B) # If X was pressed
    $scene = Scene_Map # return to map
   end
 end

end
[/rgss]

I think this is the kind of thing that you are looking to create, if you want to add windows, you can do that the same way as the spriteset. Under "@spriteset = Spriteset_Map.new" add: "@window = Window_Base.new", and update and dispose it just like @spriteset.

I hope this is enough information for you, I didn't explain it too elaborately because I think you learn more if you figure most things out yourself. Good luck!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.