Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Show picture world map window{xp}

im making a cms in rpg maker xp, what im looking for some one to make is really simple i just cant get it to work. i need it so when i call $Scene_World_Map.new. it makes a window the size of the whole screen(640 by 480) then fills it with the picture of my choice. from the data base of course. :) it would be awsome if it was possible to zoom in, but that is not required.

thanks, ps. i hope i wasnt vauge. please feel free to yell at me if need be :)

Daphoa

Well, it's really easy just to show a picture. Create any event (probably a common event you can link to the map item) and click the "show picture" button. Then select the picture of the map (make sure its in the right folder and has an appropriate file name) then Well, it's really easy just to show a picture. Create any event (probably a common event you can link to the map item) and click the "show picture" button. Then select the picture of the map (make sure its in the right folder and has an appropriate file name) then adjust the zoom so that the picture fills the whole screen. I haven't used this myself (no map), but I think that events will run in the background too, so try to use the "erase picture" after a wait or maybe a script? Anyway, it's very basic, but I bet you could play around a bit and eventually a zoom thing going. Anyway, hope that answers your question.

If you want to make an image in RGSS, you use:

@sprite = Sprite.new
@sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("picture name.png")

Its x and y values default to 0, so if the picture is 640x480 you shouldn't have a problem with that.

thanks, and if anyone needs a code like this here is how i did it
class Scene_Draw_Picture
def initialize(name)
name = name.to_s
@sprite = Sprite.new
@sprite.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture(name)
end
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Main Processing
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
def main
# Execute transition
Graphics.transition
# Main loop
loop do
# Update game screen
Graphics.update
# Update input information
Input.update
# Frame update
update
# Abort loop if screen is changed
if $scene != self
break
end
end
# Prepare for transition
Graphics.freeze
end
def update
# If B button was pressed
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
# Play cancel SE
$game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
# Switch to menu screen
$scene = Scene_Menu.new(3)
return
end

end

end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.