Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Shop Process Variation: Smithing and Enchanting?

All right, Ruby wizzes, I've got a pretty complicated request and I know nothing about Ruby.

I'm looking for a way to make a new menu. Not a replacement for any of the current menus, a brand new one. I'm trying to make a system where players can have items smithed by handing over certain items, such as bars of silver to upgrade armor from iron to silver or to enchant something with a fire spell. (Just examples)

Now, for this i would need a menu where a player could sort of... pay for something in items, like a trade. Now, I know I could do this using a lot of Show Choice and Conditional Branch events, but something I cannot do that way is change the properties of items in game and give players more freedom on what and how much they would like to add.

Now, what i mean by change items: Let's say a player has four orbs they want to use to enchant a sword. They can increase its attack power or its dexterity modifier, and each orb raises it one point. They can spend the points where they like.

So, thinking about it, creating a whole bunch of different items with a TON of different attribute variations just isn't practical, and using the Show Choice and Conditional Branch events processes is just... Well, it would take up A LOT of space for just one item.

So, is there anyone here who knows how to do these things? I'm aware this was probably confusing, so if you need clarification, I'll be happy to rephrase something.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.