Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Shake screen when hit?

Hello people. I have a small request for you guys, which I don't think will be very tough.

In the game I'm making, I'm recreating the RM2K styled battle system. Thus, I won't be having battlers, and I'm using ParaDog's Custom Battle Status script. Now, when the enemy attacks you, it looks kinda strange to have the animation and the damage popping up in the middle of nowhere.

Therefore, my script request is this: The system should disable the enemy attack animations, and should instead shake the screen. When the enemy attacks, it shouldn't show any animations (it should when the player attacks, though) on the battler, instead it should shake the screen.

Thanks to anyone who can take out time to do this simple request for me.

You can do this without a script I think. I'm not for sure though (this is very complicated!):
1. Erase all the battle animations
2. Go to the Monster Groups
3. Click on the monster you want the 'Shake Screen' to happen
4. make 99 pages, times the number of heroes in your party at the time you face it (you may have to do some conditional branching, making it tons and tons of pages)
5. Click on 'Trigger'
6. Click the hero box
7. (Hero you want)
8. do %99 (on second page, do 98,thrid 97, and so forth)
9. Click OK
10. Go to the events page thing
11. Go to tab 2
12. Click shake screen.
13. Do duration 5 frames
14. There you go, now just make the other pages!

This will take TONS of time. sorry I have no script.
It will probably not be suitable for you.
I'm poop.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.