Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Several Mario elements

EDIT2: I made a slightly different request below, probably much easier, too.

Is there a way I can get like, some sub attacks under the main 'Attack' menu option? Like:

Attack
------
Jump
Hammer
Fire

and have one some effect a certain enemy more than others, and have them upgradeable, like in the first 2 Paper Mario games, Morio could obtain 3 different Boots and 3 Different Hammers, reg., super, and ultra were the prefixes, and anything with super or ultra costs FP, so say you're far into the game, and you have Super Boots and Ultra Hammer, the screen would look like this:

Attack
------
Jump
Super Jump
Hammer
Super Hammer
Ultra Hammer
Fire

and so on. also, in almost every Mario game, you get your hammer later in the game, usually area 2 or 3, and in Superstar Saga, you get fire last, so when you first start, it would be:

Attack
------
Jump

and to edit it, I would want it to be easy, like this:

sub_attack: [jump[item number[skill to replace with]]], [hammer[item number[skill to replace with]]], [fire[item number[skill to replace with]]]
element_number: the number of an element
prefixes_sub: ['', 'super', 'ultra'[sub attack's number]], [''[sub attack's number]]
sub_fp: [sub attack[item number, fp cost][item number, fp cost]]... and so on.

atack menu would be added on to whenever the item number is gotten, having a certain element or attribute connected to said item, the item is consumed and replaced with a skill that would go under the attack menu and would consume mp (or in this case fp) when used. Also, fire would'nt have any upgrades.

...Is this possible?

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm using THIS side view battle system, if possible make it compatible, please.

Please don't bump before 72 hours. For your request, a script can take care of the sub-menus part and making an element efficiency, Like weak/strong verse fire, will take care of the weaker vs. problem.

Just checking here:  Would you be okay with dropping the "Attack" option entirely, and making all attacks special moves?  Because that would be a very, very simple, easy fix-- the sort of thing even a totally unskilled scripted like myself could do, and, in fact, have done. 

I mention this because the "Skills" option is already designed for what you want, and that'd be, as I said, the easiest way to implement the fix.

And actually, I'm changing my request a little bit, I think the Hand option will work better under Skills, but if you can remove 'Attack' and make two new menus, Jump and Hammer and have super and ultra under those that would be awesome, but if it's just regular jump or hammer then it won't be a menu, could you do this?
Also... are you familliar with cybersam's side view battle system?
if you could tell me how to connect the Hammer option to one of the animations on the sheet that would be awesome.

I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with the CBS in question.  I'm a completely unskilled scripter-- I can tell you how to remove the "Attack" option, at least as far as the regular script goes, but not how to add things. 

However, as far as adding animations goes:  In the cybersam's system, do you use the standard kinds of animations for attacks?  If so, all you'd need to do is set the animation for use with that weapon or special attack to a hammer animation in the database.

cybersam's battle system uses a sprite sheet, and when it wants to animate something, it gets a row of the sheet and plays it. Also, I'm not familiar with scripting whatsoever, and I don't know how to add animations to extra attacks, example: Mario and Luigi's Hammer attacks. I hope someone does this, it's crucial for my game.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.