Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Seph's Test Bed V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seph's Test Bed
Version: 0.4
Last Updated: 2007-08-01

Introduction
  • This is a complete collection and merge of all my scripts I have and haven't posted. It is a work in progress. I will try to add a new version as often as I can.
Demo

Scripts
(You will also find scripts not included in the V.4 version that were in the V.3 version here)

Screenshots (~ None Yet. Blame Trickster.)

Instructions
  • Please Read all instructions in the script heading. I have tried to document everything, but if I missed something or you don't understand something, I would be happy to provide some support.
FAQ
  • Script Usage

These scripts are free to use in both commerical and non-commerical use. I do not demand loyalties if you make any money off you game (I wouldn't mind donations though).

I only ask for 2 things when using my scripts : I would like to be credited for each and everyone of my scripts ; do not delete or modify the script heading, unless making a modification to the script (see below). The reason for not deleting script headings is when I offer support, I will need to see the current version and other notes. Plus, it's good to have for the user.

Script Modifications

I do not mind if you modify one of these scripts, but I do require you to log all modifications to the system itself. It doesn't have to go into great detail, but no "I f1x3d de bug!" I have seen this before. If you would like to post a mod to one of these scripts, I do require you to ask permission first.

Posting Scripts

If you wish to pass my scripts along to other communities, I do not mind. I encourage it. I would like however for you to inform me of this, so I can provide support however. I have seen people confused by my scripts on forums I didn't know existed. I have been known to provide support in non-english speaking forums as well, so don't let that stop you.

How is this still empty? Or am I just not filling this out?
Compatibility
  • They are all SDK. Don't ask in this thread to make them non-SDK. Don't debate over it over it either please. I would like to keep this thread open for support.
Credits and Thanks
  • Near Fantastica, Trickster and anyone else who's script I used for these scripts. Thanks to everyone who requested one of these scripts, reported a bug, or helped make my life a little easier. Special thanks to everyone who sent me a PM or bugged me to work on this thing. Thanks to any and all beta testers as well.
Author's Notes
  • I did not have time to test all these scripts 100%. If theres an error, explain your configuration of the constants, call script, etc. Tell me as much as possible.

For the time being, Enjoy! :yes:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Non-Updated Scripts
  • The following scripts have not been updated, nor configured to work with the test bed. Some may not even be SDK (meaning they were before the SDK). Most are poor quality, and just not the greatest. I suggest you do not use these in your projects until I update them. Thanks.

(~ Coming Soon)

@Juuhou : Please do share. I threw the demo together basically, as my main focus was the scripts themselves, and the script editor page.

@gameline : Thank you for the enthusiasm :P

Juuhou

Sponsor

As of right now, I havent had any bugs....just playing through it is so overwhelming though. The test bed is amazing with so many scripts. Ive been wanting your newest party changer and its so nice...^_^ I was wondering, is the animated battlebacks active or no in the test bed? Also something weird happened, when I encountered a Sahagin...it was my 2nd battle, a random encounter...it ws against 3 of them and I defeated the 1st one with ease, but the second one wouldnt die...I pummeled it with so many attacks but because it wouldnt die I ended up running away. Is the increasing or decreasing of monster stats due to one of the scripts?

EDIT: Yes there is, but when does this take effect in the test bed?

The animated battlebacks is enabled, just not setup. I should have done that when I posted it. I will try to do that tomorrow when I get home from work.

There are quite a few enemy developement scripts that are probably causing the problem.

Alt. Game Difficulty - Muliple Stats by Base Percent
Dynamic Enemies - Get Enemy Stats From Defined Curve of values by avg. party level
Game Difficulty - Add to average party level

I never set up the Sahagin stats in the dynamic enemies, so their stats are probably off the chart, or near 0.

Juuhou

Sponsor

Yeah, I noticed some are extremely weak and others are insanely powerful. But its fine. Is there any difference with the enemy ghosts in any of the sections? Anyways, I haven't encountered any bugs and Ive done just about everything...cept fishing. ^_^ The only thing I noticed which isnt a big of a deal is when you go to the additional systems field and then try to go back to the main test bed...it isnt set on hero touch, its set on action key to go back to the main test bed field.

About Time, Now I can nag you less about this (or maybe not...)

It is a work in progress. I will try to add a new version as often as I can, usually every 10-15 scripts (2-3 weeks).

Oh, no we all know how that went last time, maybe you should stick to 1 script every month something more your speed :P

First of all, I would like to say good job on your scripts :D
*Gets back on topic*
I noticed that the Weapon Specials script ignores the fact that Arshes doesn't have any skill points to use Cross Cut in your FFVIII Draw System Script. It also still uses up a skill point when you do have some.

Edit: It just came to me that the characters can still use the skills even though they have no skill points

Also I still haven't been able to reproduce the error that I found yet, but I ran into a nil class error in battle after the characters had leveled up

Juuhou

Sponsor

I have a question regarding the party changer, when I want to make a character non switchable...how would I call that? It says:
Code:
$scene = Scene_Party.new({<switcher_parameters>})

** Switcher Parameters
#    - 'clear'         => true or false
#    - 'required'      => [actor_id, ...]
#    - 'restricted'    => [actor_id, ...]
#    - 'allow_globals' => true or false
#    - 'minsize'       => n
#    - 'maxsize'       => n

But whenever I try to call it in the event, I get a syntax error. How exactly should it be written when you call the script to make a character non switchable?

You and trickster really are the kings of ruby scripting!

One question: In Actor Stat Bonuses, is there anyway of calling it from an event, so that a specific actor gets a boost of one to say, his Strength. I'm not entirely sure how to do this.

EXAMPLE: Talk to (NPC), and (ACTOR 1) gets Str +1

@Juuhou: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10648

Let me know if you still need help. Basically, you send a hash as the only argument, rather than a bunch of arguments. This way, you can define which parameters you send to the initialize method, and the rest rely on the default.

@TywinLannister2: That's not what the script does. That script gives bonuses from skills, equipment, class, etc.

What you need is this : http://www.rmxpu.net/staff/sephirothspawn/Script Files/Unarmed Stats & Development.txt

<actor>.str += n

Juuhou

Sponsor

>_> I wouldve never thought of that. Hence, why I am not a scripter. Although I plan on trying to become one soon. But yeah, that resolved my problem. Thanks.

Here I come again

SephirothSpawn;114557 said:
:'( We can try right? :(

No, because when you try and fail you make people sad (think of the families, children, and lives of other people anticipating your scripts, hahaha) but really stick to one script per month or something less. I lost count of when you last updated but you added/updated 11 scripts you set your goals way too high 15 scripts in 2-3 weeks is too much too soon :P

And I've almost finished the formula for the next version of my Curve Generator, all I have to do now is see if it works and then convert it to code.

Also Let me know when you update your Equipment Skills script.

Keep the lines of communication open :), or else I will be back...

@Trickster: Yes, but as of now, I have tons of near complete scripts. I see your point (that kid's poor family) though. I edited it just for you.

@Jirbytaylor: I should have all my non-updated scripts and a screenshot page up tonight.

@BlueScope: I have got a little things done, but I need to talk with you on a few things.

There was a bug in the party changer and the actor stat bonus system (1 x throws the entire script off). I am working on adding new screenshots now, redirecting the pages to a smaller url, and updating the demo. I am adding a text scroller window, for the sole purpose of reading version updates and such. Free script for you all. ^_^

If I don't get a chance to upload the new stuff tonight, I will do it tomorrow after work. A quick 0.31 update.

If there are any errors, please let me know now.

@TywinLannister2: Good deal. Actually, the STR already has the @str_bonus instance, this script simply adds one for the stats that don't, such as eva, atk, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.