Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Seperate inventory for multiple storylines?

Hi,  I'm looking for a script that will make it possible for two different characters to use two different inventories.  A large part of my game is the storyline, where you switch back and forth between two characters in chapter-like form, but when you switch from a lvl 12 character to a level 3, you tend to have a lot of gold all of the sudden, along with some weapons that magically seem to make the game much easier...  :huh:

I've searched, but can't really come up with a good phrase that describes this.  So if there is already a script, then I'm sorry.

I need a script for separate inventories for two different parties that you switch back and forth between.

Alright... first off.  I tried to figure out Trickster's.  But either that's the simplest script ever made, or it's not shown anymore.  It says "please do not ask for the script"  What the hell did he post a topic for then?  You're just supposed to guess?  And second.  I used the second one that Crazetex linked me to.  But in the instructions it says "To use this script, add the new class Game_ItemBag, then add the lines shown in red to their respective classes."  But I don't really know what this means.  I'm VERY new to scripts and I've got a few scripts working already, so I know it's in the right place.  But do I need all the pieces of that script in seperate places, or... gah!  I'm confused!  Any help?  Please?

Thanks, in advance.

What you do is copy-paste the class Game_ItemBag INTO one of the default scripts (you'll have to edit them, so there may be compatibility issues), and add lines in red to the scenes that are listed.

Ex: $game_itembag = Game_ItemBag.new
That line you have to add to Scene_Title, in the same position that it's stated in the script.

By the way, Trickster's doesn't work because we had a forum script and there's a 404 error since the links changed...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.