Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Semi-Custom Battle System

EDIT: If you scripters out there see the video that I posted in this thread, and try to emulate it into a CBS for me. I will pay a scripter to do my request.

I have a request for a custom XP battle system. I want it to be almost exactly like Dragon Quest's style of battle, or in other words, more like VX's default battle system. However off to the left side of the screen, I want a custom turn-order screen, like the one in Final Fantasy X, having the ability to use pictures for the characters and monsters. I would like the status layout for the characters at the top of the screen. The script has to draw their battler graphics, HP, MP, and level data.
I hope this isn't too vague, but it would be very nice if someone were to do that.

*Bump* I hope this is a good time for me to bump...
EDIT: Forget about the turn order addition.

Alright, I guess that no one is replying, because I haven't made myself clear.
I drew out what the battle system layout would look like, and hopefully this will make things clear.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/Leif1991/Sheets/DSCF1567.jpg[/img]

Ok, as you can see, it is a typical front view battle system, like in Dragon Quest. However, on the top, there is the HP, MP and level data for the characters, and in each slot for a character, their battler graphic goes behind it. The messages, like "Player 1 attacks!", goes on the bottom. The Player 1,2,3,4 slots are where the names of the characters are supposed to go to.
If possible, since this is a turn battle system, where the player initially decides what actions the actors do, I would like the status window for the characters on the top of the screen and the turn order addition to fade out while the characters are doing their moves. Then when it is the player's turn again, the windows fade back in.

Onto the turn order screen. This is the feature that Final Fantasy X had, and I recall that a scripter was able to implement this in one of his scripts. If anyone of you are willing to emulate that system onto mine, that would be great.

As for attack/spell animations when enemies attack, I don't want the spell animations to appear over the character graphic, like in the default XP battle system, but more like VX's where you can see the flash effects and hear the sound effects, but not actually see the spell animations.

I hope this makes better sense, now that I actually drew a picture!

When they don't answer, they won't make the script for you.
You don't need to bump this topic 36000 times, because you won't find someone that makes a battle script for someone that's really unclear AND doesn't pay.
Your drawing doesn't suck, but it's unclear because of the writings.
Ass tried to help you, but it wasn't enough for you.

You make yourself really unbeloved, you know?

I won't make this script for you.
Ass helped you already.

-Axules :hat:

Sechs":2awpcirg said:
*Bump* I hope this is a good time for me to bump...

Alright, I guess that no one is replying, because I haven't made myself clear.
I drew out what the battle system layout would look like, and hopefully this will make things clear.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/Leif1991/Sheets/DSCF1567.jpg[/img]

This is merely a dummy image not an actually CBS but it's here so that could be scripters get a better idea of what is being requested

http://i35.tinypic.com/2irlule.png[/img]

Hope this helps get the idea across.

-L0rdPh0enix

Thanks! That's basically what I wanted! I decided to scratch the Turn order addition, because that seems to be keeping scripters away. I would like to have the battle system look like that, and run like a mix of VX's default with Dragon Quest's battle system.
Remember, this is for XP.

EDIT: I found a video perfectly emulating what I want for this battle system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9l1nWtVG18
If someone could make my battle script request exactly like this, that'd be great!

Bump...
If you observe the video, and make my CBS almost exactly like that, it'd be great.
I don't think it's that hard of an edit.
Oh, I might pay the scripter who makes this for me.

I'll do this as a commission script- meaning I would charge for it.
I'm backed up on requests and pre-designed scripts, and this request would take me the better part of a day to get perfect.

I'll PM you with my rate.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.