Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Self Combo Skills for each character

I don't know if this has been requested by anyone else, but I've requested this before on .net. I'm still looking for it. I'm looking for a script that lets invdividual characters combine their own skills into one skill and split them apart again if need be.

Ex. Basil has Leg Sweep and Fire and you combine them to make Fire Sweep. It will forever be Fire Sweep unless you split the skill back into Leg sweep and Fire again.

Each character has their own set of combos they could make and take apart.

Just wondering how you are planning about going about this there seph...

Are you making a special scene for merging them, having any requirements to merge them, and what properties will the new skill have?

My best guess is to make something like a crafting system, but for scripts.

Skill_Merges = { skill_id => [reqired_skill, required_skill, etc], ... }

The skill id would be the Fire Sweep, and the required skills would be Fire and Let Sweep.

Just having multiple skills in the database.

Something like that?

Want to make seperate systems and release them together? :P

@Trickster Don't you have something you need to finish, lol

I'm still juggling ideas on how it should look, features and all of that stuff

It will be organized like so

A module for the requirements and the list and final skill created
A module for all of the windows
A module to hold the modules

It could be advanced/customizable by throwing in all sorts of requirements (level, have_item, use_item, stats, class, equipment, actor id)

But well its in the development phase

Or how about we work together on this, work together on the design, windows, extra stuff, etc.

Yes, almost exactly like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, but this one could be a little more advanced, which is usually your way of making scripts. For example(just a suggestion, but you can do it however)

You have two skills that are fusible, but one of them might require a higher level to fuse, or would require equipment. Well, how it would look would be, you press enter on a skill, and a little menu shows up. The options are as follows:

Fuse (would be replaced by Split if it was a fused skill)can be used in battle
Use

If the skill can't be fused, then the command, Fuse, will be transparent like a usable in battle only skill, same with use. However, if the skill is fusible, the little command window will dissappear and the skills that could combine with the fusible skill will become white so you can choose them to fuse. The fused skill will take place of the chosen skill to fuse. Then you could go to the fused skill and a "Split" command will show up instead for it you wanted to get the two seperate skills back to fuse something else. The fusible skills with requirements not met are purple until the requirements are completed.

There you go.

LIGHT BULB ABOVE HEAD!!! NEW IDEA!!! This could be done seperately though if done at all.

I was also thinking of skill-item-equipment fusion too. For Example: You can fuse a potion with Fire to make Fire Heal, which would heal you and deal fire damage to the enemy(with assist of your skill effects). Or it could go, fuse Fire with a potion to make a fire potion. Then, you could split them apart back into a potion and fire again.(maybe something different like a heal stone instead of a potion, but just an example). For equipment, it would be:

Leg Sweep combines with Iron Sword to make Sweeping Blade, a weapon, or a Heal Stone combines with Iron Sword to make a Healing Saber, which would heal you every time you attacked with it.

Just a new idea. Thanks Trickster.

Hey, I posted a long idea that you were already thinking about, while you posted, except for the second part, and by the way, if I got my lazy butt to make a complete script, it would be a miracle. lol

I'm making battle themes for my game. I'm about to submit my first one. Look on submitted resources. It will be there soon. I'm glad you agreed to help me with this. I hope my description of the layout helps.

Ok. Seph. Once you get off your lazy butt and stop screw around with random stuff and finish that cheat system * points finger rapidly *, we can get to work on this as a team.

Horray cooperation!

@RMdude333: We will just have to see what we can manage. ;)

If you are going to do the second part of my last post, then I would see it like this.

#------------------------------------------------
#Fusion
#-ARMOR-FUSION
Armor_compound_merges = {armor id => [required skills], [required armors], [required weapons], [required items]},
{
#-Weapon-FUSION
Armor_compound_merges = {weapon id => [required skills], [required armors], [required weapons], [required items]},
{

#-ITEM-FUSION
Item_Compound_Merges = {item id => [required skills], [required armors], [required weapons], [required items]},
{
#-SKILL-FUSION
Skill_Compound_Merges = {skill id => [required skills], [required armors], [required weapons], [required items]},
{

I don't know if the syntax would work, but I'm trying to learn this. You have the Skill Fusion script down pat by the way. But this is what I think the hashes of my second part request would look like.

@Trickster me lazy, I have ten thousand things to do all at once ;) I would like to see your update to your Tetris Attack minigame soon * points finger rapidly *, we should get to work on this as a team.

Horray for cooperation!

@RMdude333: Thats a good list of things that can be added, but will just have to see what we can manage.

EDIT
not exactly correct if you were to set it up that way it would have to look like this

{some id => [[required skills], [required armors], [required weapons], [required items]]}

I think multiple constants would probably easier to actually control. putting all requirements in the same constant with a multi-d. array, would just become a pain with all the orgainization it requires. Not the most user or scripter-friendly IMO.

@Trickster: Can you tell me how you are progressing on this, or if you're too busy to work on it, if you are also doing the items and equipment too, or if you just haven't gotten around to it yet.

It's ok if you haven't done it yet, I just wanted to know, that's all.

Yeah, it will be useful. Sephirothspawn and trickster have a lot of script requests to take care of. They will eventually get around to it. Sephy is trying his best to release the new version of the class change script from Final Fantasy Tactics and is making his development and proficiencies system, probably one of the most useful systems for any RPG and one of the most customizable. But when this script is made, I'm sure it will be of use to a lot of people.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.