Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Secret of Mana ABS (not Xas ABS)

I would like to know if anyone can make, or more probably edit an already existing ABS to make it the most similar to the secret of mana games.
I know asking for a full ABS is way too much to ask, and that there already are some good scripts for that, but maybe someone can edit an already existing one to fit what I would like to have:
1-it's a regular ABS, the only difference with the ones that are already out here is mainly 1 thing: Skills/magic.
In the SoM series when you casted a single target skill, you would have to choose over the enemies on screen with a cursor ( like you would do in the default battlesystem) and once you selected it, the animation would play in the desired target, no matter where he was, as long as he was on screen.
and when you casted a fullscreen skill, it would just play the fullscreen animation and hurt all the enemies on it.
2-you have 2 partners that help you and you can access their own menus and cast skills on the enemies too. I've seen ABS with parties on here though.

Usually in the ABS I've seen in here the skills are much more complex, having to set up an area where the skill works, or a path it takes, but in this case I think it's much easier to script the skills than the average ABS I've seen in here.
Still I know it's a lot to ask, and I would understand if no one wants to male this, but I would still appreciate if someone at least answered saying it's too much work or something.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.