Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scrolling Windows

Note: Don't know where this should go, but since it is kind of a script request, I've placed it here.

Is there a way to alter Window_Select so that items scroll HORIZ instead of VERT? I've seen horizontal scrolling command menus, but I need a horizontal scrolling selection window.

Any help is appreciated!

Just look at Window_PartyCommand... the magic variable is @columns ... you need to change some other things, too, but hence you didn't specify anything in particular, I just tell you to modify (copy&paste before, of course) Window_PartyCommand.

PS: There is no Window_Select, just Window_Selectable.

PPS: This belongs into RGSS Support for the moment...

Well, I thought of transposing column w/ row. I haven't tried it yet (been out), but it should work.

And what I am referring to is the fact that if the command window only shows ten commands out of fifteen, the window will scroll VERTICALLY to display the other five in succession. I need the window to scroll HORIZONTALLY to display the next five items in a list, in effect creating PAGES on which there are selectable items.

EDIT

It didn't work. Well, I didn't really fiddle with it, just literally transposed "column" and "row". I'll work on it some more. If anyone else has any ideas, lemme know!

...I must be the world's biggest dumbass. My problem has been solved. I have discovered what L and R do. ...

but, on a happy note, I can finally go to sleep, if the status screen doesn't beg for me to fix it lol.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.