Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scroll through status effects (RTAB)

Well I really hate not being able to see all the status effects at one time. So I was wondering if anyone knows of an RTAB-compatible script like this (I know Seph made one, but it's not compatible). So yeah, it could scroll, it could just go through each one one at a time...it doesn't really matter. Thx ^_^.

Well, I may look into it later on, but maybe you'd like to see some ICONS in their place instead??? It's a little script-ette by Ccoa which allows you to show ICONS in the place of the text, and shows multiple icons for multiple effects.

That's not what he's looking for, that has nothing to do with status effects. Try a little reading next time. :P

I know what it is you're looking for, but I don't have the script seperately anymore. I think this is it (pulled from my project):

Add to Window_Base:

Code:
  def make_battler_state_images(battler)
    images = []
    for i in battler.states
      images.push(RPG::Cache.icon($data_states[i].name))
    end
    return images
  end

Code:
  def draw_actor_state(actor, x, y, width = 120)
    images = make_battler_state_images(actor)
    for i in 0...images.length
      rect = Rect.new(x + (i * 26), y, self.width - 32, 24)
      self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
      self.contents.blt(x + (i * 26), y, images[i], Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24), 255)
    end
  end

You'll need the icons to be the same name as the status, as it appears in the database. You may need to rearrange the Window_MenuStatus and Window_Battlestatus to fit the icons.
Adding and editing these defs in Window_Base will work in both the default and RTAB systems... heck, it'll work in virtually ANY battlesystem that I know of, and should also show in your Field menu as well.

I am actually updating my old version, so whenever you use the draw_state text on a window, it auto-creates the sprite there in place of the window. So everything will always be completely auto, and you can place it in any window, real easy.

Wait, so DerVVulfman, do I look for that first section of code and replace it with the second one? Will that do what I want or not?

I guess I could do the sprite thing...but it would be fine to just have the text...it really doesn't matter to me. Just as long as you can see all status effects on all characters (and enemies).

The code I posted, courtesy of Ccoa herself adds one def, and replaces another. But what it does is to change the standard [Normal] [Knockout] type texts in your BattleStatus Window (at the bottom) with icons in their place.

The names of the icons it shows would have to match that of the status it represents (such as Knockout.png, Dizzy.png, etc...). Not having an icon for a status effect on a battler will cause it to crash... as it can't find the icon to show. ;)

Just as long as you can see all status effects on all characters (and enemies).

Um... and enemies? Enemy status effects are not shown in text... at all.

Or are you implying that you want the on-screen battler itself (the graphic) to show all the status effects... all the animations..?

Well, I dunno exactly what I want lol. Well when you highlight an enemy that has poison on it, it will show "Enemy [Poison]" as the name of the enemy. I don't mean the status effect animations above the people's heads, I mean how below the Heroes' names or next to the name of the enemy it shows [Status effect]. I found a script that nicely scrolls the status name constantly, but it wasn't compatible with RTAB.

I guess I could use the icon thing, but I don't want to have to find icons for all the status effects, it would be especially hard to find ones for stuff like STR Down, INT Up, etc.

Oh... yeah... gotcha. Yep, the icons will show on that window next to the enemy's name.

Who says to find 'em? Make 'em. They're only 24x24, and I've done some substitution. Gotta use them in my Grouping & Details system as it can use show icons for status effects in the item/skill pages too. I use that skull icon in the RTP for the Knockout icon. I just copy and renamed it accordingly. Ups and Downs? Just arrows and 'Str' overtop I guess...(or maybe an arm making a muscle???).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.