Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script Request - Event List

Hi. I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to make me a script for my game. I need a quest list - similar to the one in Runescape. So that it displays a list of all the quests that you can do. And so that they are red when you haven't started them, they are yellow when you've started them but not finished them, and green when you've completed them.

It needs to be a drop down list. Dark red in colour, with white writing. If you could tell me how to edit it to put in my own quest names that would be great!

Hey Aliginthere? There's already a ton of scripts out there which does this... Have you tried searching the Forums yet? Remember to search for a script before you make a request for it...

Thanks for all of your help Amos. I have found a suitable script that i would like to use in my game. However I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to scripts, so I was wondering if you could help me out. For example they say, paste the script above main. Does it mean in the "main" tab on the left? I'm just not really sure. All the help you could give me would be much appreciated. And even better, if you could use pictures that would make it a whole lot easier for me. Thanks ever so much.

':|

Go in the script section in your game then right click on main the one on the left and click insert then in the new blank line above it click on it first, then paste the code on the right in the bigger part, name the script whatever you want and that's all :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.