Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script Request: Custom Level stats

Alright, now I dunno if this is a complex request or not, but im gonna ask for it anyway. Ok, now to start with, My game isnt going to include level in anyway, your character doesnt go from lvl 1 to 2 to 3 ect., but instead, his stats level up (being the max lvl you can get in each stat 65535, and max in hp and sp 16777215). basicly im requesting that the game completely removes the limitations of level, changes it to a special stat growth with stats that level up. Now heres the exact way I want it to be set up. (Tell me if I confuse you because well... this will seem slightly crazy)

Ok, certain monsters give a stat exp point based off of their primary stat (like an ogre would have a prmary stat of str, which means they would give 1 str exp each you kill. this is under exagerated because they wouldnt give that low lol), and once your character hit the exp max for that stat (so that it can level it), that single stat will change to the next value (so from 1, it would goto 2 and so on). So instead of your characters level rising, your stats do, and your level isnt there, so the ingame exp will be completely obsolete (i spelled that completely wrong lol), which means that would be removed as well. so, back to explaining, each monster gives a different stat point, and actually, I would love it if monsters themselves could level up their stats (such as have hostilities to other monsters and fight them, or when they beat the player, they gain exp for it), but thats not nessescary. Now, after your character hits a certain point in stats, you will be aloud to change your class that requires those stats.

Ok another part of the request is this, stats effect each other. such as this, each 5 str adds 10 hp, and every 20 hp adds 10 sp. (hp and sp arent affected by the stat gain, they have no gain)

Ok, heres the over view of what I want, and what I need:

Needs:
Stats level to max of 65535
Hp/Sp lvl to max of 16777215
(These are based off of hex values FFFF and FFFFFF)
No actual leveling of the character, only stats go up
Monsters give different exp rates depending on their highest stats
Each of your parameters have their own exp and on the status screen on the menu shows what exp their at
Str affects the hp gain, intelegence affects the sp gain

Other wants:
Monsters stats can level too
Monsters can fight each other to gain stats

Nice pic lol, but I knew it was gonna be complex so thats why I would like someone to teach me how to script or have multiple people working on it lol.

I want my game to see very complex and such, thats one reason I need a leveling script like this so that there is a bit more complexity. if no one can do this, then it'll be easier if someone could just make me a script that allows the hp and sp to goto 16777215
and the other parameters go to 65535 with a character level break so the max value of levels is 255 (Yes, i base all my stuff off of hex. FF 255 FFFF 65535 FFFFFF 16777215)

Bump :p

Also, im sure theres probably some stuff confusing people so ill make this as simple as possible. I want a script that always changes the stat gain rate based off of a value in the monsters name. ok, so, now heres how it would work. ok, a ghost gives 1 point towards agility every 5 kills of ghosts you get. so the value in their name would be 1/5 agi or something to that matter lol. While, some kind of bird monster like a Harpy would give you 2 points every 5 kills. This is only a simple example, it wouldnt take that little of kills. But anyway, each time you level your stat, that stat requires a higher gain rate making a ghost go from 1/5 to .5/5. Basicly, its like exp points for each stat. The stats will pretty much have no limit (well, they do, but its 65535, and no one would probably ever get that high), and monsters get stronger the high your stat equal to their main stat gets. (minotar: str, Ghost: agi and so on. stuff like that) Besides that, the only other thing that would be changed is this, first, the exp values for leveling will be retreived from a txt type file (a txt file converted to an rmxp data file) so that you can put as many as you want in. But, if the exp value isnt found, the stats should continue on by either something like a forumla in the script or by x2 each time for exp. or something equal to what the file is read by. (like +2 x 4 each level or something similar to that) and then, the game wont use normal levels. they wont be used at all except on the stats part.

Listing this in the simplest form possible::
Stats use a txt exp table to level
No character level
Monsters get stronger the more you level up your stats

That list is basicly how it should be set up.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.