Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

script merge, catepillar system and switch before battle

I have a catepilliar/trailing character system made by SephirothSpawn
and a switch before battle system made by Slipknot

but i'm having trouble making the 2 work together, take either one out and its fine

The problems i'm having:

After battle, the game just freezes with script is hanging. Seems to only happen if theres 1 person in the party
If i add a character using
Code:
a = $game_actors[2]
c = a.character_name
h = a.character_hue
p = $game_player
p.add_trailing_character(c, h)
without the switch script, it works as expected, with the switch on for some reason it adds the wrong character, it seems to add ids # 3, 5, 7 not 2
And when a battle is finished, you loose the last character

Here's a demo project, since that has all the scripts i'm using and the comment events etc. related to the scripts
It only has the test map but everything needed should be there

The people round you when you start are people you can to the party (2 female, 1 male, fighter07, thief04, thief02)
the person to the right of thief04 should add character 2 to the catepillar/trailing characters
The character on the far left stars a battle (though random battles are on the map to)

http://midnighttempest.com/Monster World - Copy.zip

Hopefully someone can figure it all out, thanks if you can

Note: I am away from the 18th - 25th, just wanted to post it a) so i don't forget and b) hopefully someone might have figured it out by the time i get home

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.