Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script for switching out items and skills at level up

I am making a game right now, and one character is a Psion. He has a weapon item called a PsiCrystal Which acts as a weapon, and is fixed. I want to make the crystal itself level up with the character. Every 3 levels, it will go higher.

I made 33 items, naming them PsiCrystal(Level1) Through PsiCrystal(Level33). What I want is to have a script that switches out the old crystal and replaces it with the next level crystal on every third level.

Further, He has a shield item called PsionicShield which acts in the same way. Every 3 levels it will level to the next level shield.

And finally, his skills act the same way, but they only change every fifth level. So, at level 1, he has PsiBeam(Level1). Every fifth level it goes up to the next level.

I would try doing it myself, But I just fail miserably at scripting.

If anyone would be willing to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, What I did, I made a series of common events to give the character the new items, unequip his current item, equip the next level item, then remove the old item from inventory.

So all I need now is a way to call the common events at each appropriate level. That may be easier, if anyone would be willing to help out. I hope someone could help me. Thanks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.