Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script for "Focusing" in order to get enough Power Points

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script, an edit or debug of an existing script.

NOTE: I am new here but I have been here many times before and just recently became active in a project with some friends. I've been on here looking for something like what I describe below for about a week but nothing seems to "fit" just right. So, if you know of one that I missed, please point me there - I SWEAR I've been looking!!! =)

Script Title:
Focusing Script?
RMXP or RMVX:
Both
Detailed Description:
In my battles, a character (haven't decided if it's all or just one) can choose to Attack, Focus, Item, or Defend. Instead of a traditional Mana pool, I would like my characters to build up "Focus" by taking a turn to charge up. When they charge up, they receive one Power Point or something. Their skills, which they receive throughout the game as they level, require a different amount of these Power Points to be charged before they can be used. These Power Points DISAPPEAR after each battle.

I would also like the functionality of an item (an elixir-esque item) that is expendable and adds 2 or 3 Power Points automatically.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
Nothing yet.
Looking for a materia and an ammo system right now but haven't finalized my decisions.

Cheers!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.