Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Script for a game

im hoping that someone here will remember this...

Has anyone here played the old Dragon Warrior Monster games?
if so, do you know of any RPG maker Xp scripts that mimic it?

darman42":smwcmzha said:
im hoping that someone here will remember this...

Has anyone here played the old Dragon Warrior Monster games?
if so, do you know of any RPG maker Xp scripts that mimic it?

Mimic what? Can you be a little more clear? I mean, you could mean anything, from the breeding system that is eerily reminiscent of a forging system, to the fact that you have several creatures with you, like in Pokemon.

the whole thing, basically.

a breeding system is an absolute essential in order to make a game based on
DWM.
also, the party system where its like  Your character-Monster1-monster2-monster3 would be in the theme of the game.
and then theres the tricky part where, when you are in a battle, your "trainer" doesnt take part, but all 3 of your monsters do.

Dargor, this is the Script Requests section >.>... And I think I know what you're talking about, but im not sure, so if you can do what Dargor said and post some SS's thatd be nice

Seto

You could use a caterpillar script to make the monsters follow you. And you could use events and variables to create the breeding system. For the battle system I suggest you add a simple line of script that removes the trainer from the party before each battle and places him back at the end. If you wrote up the removing and adding of the trainer in a common event it would be three lines of script at the start and end of the battle script to run the events before and after the battle.

P.S I have never hear of the game your talking about so I could be way off with my suggestions.

you are pretty close, actually.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolo ... 97155.html

those screens show how the monsters would follow you (a caterpillar system, yeah)
the battles would only include what monsters youd have with you.

the problem with the Breeding system is that its SOOOO much more complex than what most people have in mind (basic breed this and this to get that). Ive tried thinking up of what events i could do, but it almost brought me to tears with its complexity

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.