Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Scaling down character script

I have a world map in my game, and I need it so that when the characters leave any major town/castle/place/etc, their character sprite will be shrunk so that it fits with the world map.

I'd like the character sprite to look as similar as this when shrunk:
http://images25.fotosik.pl/25/946dbbe7af06ca1d.jpg[/img]

can anyone concoct me a script that will do that? thanks.

Luminier;329109 said:
Uh, why don't you just shrink down some character sets, and use change graphic? Wouldn't that be easier that using a script?

But in general you don't know what char the player is... so you can't decide what graphics to use unless you know that the main player is always the same or you keep track of who he is.
However I must have something on my HD done with scripts, it only requires an event called world_map...
I'll be back when I find it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.