Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Save maps as a bitmap

shazam

Script Title:
Save maps as a bitmap script
RMXP or RMVX:
RMXP
Detailed Description:
The situation:
I have a map, 30x25 for example and I want to make a lighteffect therefore. Ingame I can´t make a screenshot of the whole map, because there is only 20x15 tiles to see. I can make of course several screenshots and string these together, but on larger maps,e.g. 200x150, it´s simply impossible.
The searched script:
Now I need a script or something else, how saves the whole map as a picture, like bitmap, .png and so on. So I could open that in Photoshop or Gimp and make a lighteffect, that I open anon in the maker.
Screen shots:
I think, a screenshot is not necessary, because everybody can imagine what I need.
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
As yet, I´m only using the Sideview Battle System Tankentai XP

I hope you can help me, with this script.

Try searching map screenshot maker. I believe there was a script by that name posted in late 2008. I'm not sure if it was for VX or XP, but if it is for VX, you could easily post a conversion request in the Conversion Station.

you could also take a screenshot in the maker itself, zoomed out, then adjust the image size , via an easy: "image size" x4 or x8 with a calculator. then make your lighting map, not like you need a perfect crisp screenshot to get the lighting right

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.