Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Sandfall which pushes you away

Twirly

Sponsor

*sigh*
After finally having a sandfall tile, I tried to event a common event which pushes the player down a bit when stepping on the tile.
However the player is able to force his way back a bit.
Now I have encounterd some problems:
1. The player will be pushed back by a whole tile which seems a bit wierd.
2. The actor forcing his way back is also wierd and very buggy (he can just walk like normal >_>)
3. It would be very nice to have different "Strenghts" for the sandfalls. (Like terrain 2 pushes you 10 pixels and terrain 1 pushes you 5 pixels away or something like that)

I hope that's enough info for you.
Thanks in advance!

The problem with your request is that unless you are using a pixel movement script, you can only move by tiles.  Your other option would be to constantly adjust the y display of the character and snap back to a tile upon leaving the terrain tag (or whatever) that identifies sandfall.  To be honest, though, it's probably more work than it's worth.  Use a pixel movement script in conjunction with this and I'll be glad to fix it for you.

If you use a pixel movement script, there'll most likely be a flag for on/off, so just install the script, turn off all the uneccessary features, have it off by default, and then just turn it on/off during the sandfall event.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.