Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RTS Script (Like Empire Earth, Black and White or Z: Steel Soldiers)

Dear Reader,
                I am writing to request an RTS script similar to Empire Earth. I will start off by explaining what an RTS is, and what it does. RTS stands for Real Time Strategy. An RTS  is a strategic game that is distinctly not turn-based. According to Brett Sperry, the phrase real-time was used to distinguish such games within the broader genre of strategic wargames, which has a longer history both inside and outside of video gaming. Some important concepts related to real-time strategy include combat- and twitch-oriented action. Other RTS gameplay mechanics implied are resource gathering, base building and technological development, as well as abstract unit control (giving orders as opposed to controlling units directly). Generally, the player is given a top-down perspective of the battlefield, though some 3D RTS games allow total freedom of camera movement. Additionally, the in-game user interface is much like a computer desktop: the player can manipulate controls and in-game units with techniques such as clicking and dragging. Each player in an RTS may interact with the game independently of other players, so that no player has to wait for someone else to finish a turn. This lends the genre well to multiplayer gaming, especially in online play, compared to turn-based games.

I would like this script to be based around Empire Earth. Empire Earth starts with a gathering of civilians that will build your city. As the game goes on, you make buildings such as barracks and robot factories. When you select a civilian a menu will pop up showing you what the civilian can build. From Barracks and other army elements you can create armies with different troops such as flamethrowing people and light infantry. These can battle against the opponent.

I would like the list of buildings to be:

House - This would increase the population limit by 5 for every house built.
Settlement - This is where resources such as wood and gold would be stored.
Market Place - This is where you can buy resources for a small price.
Barracks - This building would train normal infantry.
Cathedral - This is a special building which would train priests and Enchantress' .
University - This would improve aspects of the game like infantry armour.
Stables - This would train cavalry.
Shooting Range - This would Train Archers.
Mage Training Camp - This would train mages.
Creature Hovel - This would create Oaks, Wraiths, Spider scouts, Holy spirits and Slashers.
Capitol - This would be the main capitol where you would start.
Castle - This would is a special building which heals nearby troops.
Fort - This would deploy troops to fight invaders.
Battle Tower - This would deploy archers to fight off invaders.
Seige Factory - This would create special Machines such as ballitzer and cannon.
Necromantic Camp - This trains necromancers, and creates undead creatures and Skeletal troops

Troops:

Infantry:
Swordsman - Normal Infantry. Trained at barracks.
Spearman - Normal Infantry. Trained at barracks.
Assasin - Normal Infantry. Trained at barracks.

Holy Infantry:
Enchantress - An adept, she casts Spells of Healing.  Trained at Cathedral
Preist - A priest casts spells of havoc. Spells: Hurricane, Meteorite.  Trained at Cathedral

Cavalry:
Elephant Rider - Normal Cavalry.  Trained at Stables.
Horse swordsman - Normal Cavalry.  Trained at Stables.

Mage:
Mage - Cast offensive projectile spells. Spells: Lightening Bolt, Fire Bolt. Trained at Mages training camp.

Archers:
Archer - Normal Archer.  Trained at Shooting range.
Fire Archer - Normal Archer. Arrows are lit, they burn down buildings. Trained at Shooting range.

Creatures:
Oak - Tree creature. Attacks things
Wraith - Scary floating creature. Kills things :)
Spider Scout - eight legged creature. Kills things :)
Slasher - Undead creature with scythes for hands. Kills things :)
Holy Spirit - Holy spirit. Kills things :)

Civilian:
Civilian - Builds Buildings collects resources.

Necromantic:
Necromancer - Undead mage, summons Skeletal Swordsman and undead adepts.

Seige Weapon:
Cannon - Cannon
Ballitzer - Big arrow fire thingy.
Thunder Gun - Shoots bolts of lightening.

Lastly Collectable Resources:
Gold
Stone
Wood
Food
Iron

I know this is a big task. And I thank anyone in advanced to supports me and does this for everyone here on RMXP.org
If you have ever played Empire Earth, Then that is the system I want, if you havent, read about it Here.

Thanks In advanced.
Sprugles555

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.