Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RTAB with Party Changer

tfr

I can help slightly by saying that, after playing around with both scripts recently, they do see, to be semi-compatible - but it seriously depends on what you need the party changer to do.

In that post, is a demo that has the best part of 5 scripts, which if you use them with the Rtab demo (with extras) along with the SDK 2.3 that I had, it will throw up an error in battle which I couldn't work around no matter what I tried.

However, I had no desire to have the menu's to the party change to be in my main menu - as I only wanted access to this party changing script via a call script method... so I have just used the 3.3 Party Changing Script without the other four, and even with the SDK, this system allows me to use the party changing system via the call menu, to its full extent.

What will cause a problem, is if you try to change party members in battle, I can't say what causes the problem - it maybe the SDK,Rtab, by me removing one of those other scripts that came with the party changer demo  or something else entirely - I really don't know. However, I don't particularly want to change around my part inside of battle, so I disabled that feature and I was fine.

I now have the script working fine alongside all my other scripts, but I've limited the useage that script now has. If all you want is a nice party changing script for when you are Not in battle, then Just do the same thing as I have - of course testing it to make sure it does indeed work with whatever scripts the rtab had (though let me note I had Laura's Escape Script delted throughout the time of these tests.

Just to point out, I am no scripter, so I give this advice based on my playing around with these scripts. Since You're not useing the SDK - you might even generate more function from these scripts (and maybe even if I played around with it more, I could have a few more features of this script too) so try a few combinations.

However, if you do indeed what all the in menu screen menu's and in battle party swapping, I am afraid my advice wasn't all that helpful and that you'll need to ask someome else to either give more advice, or some patch to make such things come together. (and if you do get a fully working version :P gimme a pm - while I don't require every feature of the party changing script - it sure would be handy to know just incase I later decide that it add something I'll later what in game.)

Regards

The Flaming Red
:thumb:

Edit : Just to add - my above method to get it at least working as I stated, is also true if you are not using the Sdk. But back up the data and see if you can squeeze a little more out of the scripts

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.