Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RTAB & Visual Equipment with tweak requests

Hello, I would like to request a modification of the RTAB Battle System with Visual Battler Equips & Field Equips and the mod I'll be asking for is this...

I would like to have a character that may equip a handgun or a sword and I want to change nearly everything if he happened to equip a handgun, all of his sprites in animated battlers will turned into the sprite used with that weapon type, then if I returned it back to a sword, it will be back to sword-equipped version of my sprite...

I dunno if you'll get my request well...

In other words...

If Aluxes is armed with a bronze gun, change all poses into poses associated with the weapon type.

Go into the database and create a new Common Event.

Name it "weapons." Make the Trigger Parallel and the Condition switch 1. Name the the switch "Change Weapons"

Now, in the event part:
Code:
 @>Conditional Branch: [Aluxes] is [Bronze Sword] equipped
          @> Change Actor Graphic: (whatver battler and charcterset you want)
          @>
       :  Else
          @>
       :  Branch End
          @> (#Start new Weapon here!!#)

Do that for each weapon you want him to change graphics with. (Keep them all in the SAME common event.)
Then, in the first map have an event that looks like this:
Code:
 @>Control Switches: [0001] = ON
          @>Control Self Switch Self: A =ON
          @>

Make sure that event is AUTORUN. Then make a new page in that event. Check mark (on the left side) Self Switch A is on.

There you have it, Now you can have him look different for each weapon you make!

This is regardless of using RTAB or not.  Animated Battlers can be used with other battlesystems too.  :)

Whether you use Animated Battlers or not, 'Brenda's Visual Battlers' can change the graphics shown over top of your battler, giving your hero a gun, sword, Uzi-9mm, Phase Plasma Rifle... whatever you've equipped.

If you're using Animated Battlers, you can change the POSES for your battler based on weapons used with the MNK_POSES_WEAPONS, MNK_POSES_WEAPS_A and MNK_POSES_WEAPS_E hash arrays.  It was a shortcut I made before I made Visual Battlers.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.