Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPG VX - Internet Script

Basically, a script that allows people to log into the game like an MMORPG. They had a script like this for XP. I'm wondering if there is a VX version already out there? I would love to get my hands on it. x3

I'm pretty sure there isn't one, but if there is, I'd be interested in it as well.
By the way, the RMXP version hasn't been updated for a while, the creators decided to stop updating it, so I'm not sure anyone is going to make a RMVX version of it, and if they did, it would be sweet.

It would be possible to adapt NetPlay to RMVX- Although it doesn't look like anyone would be interested. It's much more involved that a normal script and requires testing- With a server and multiple clients.

Of course, that's the gameplay part. I'm sure an updater is merely checking a txt file in a server and downloading an update file.

EDIT: If you wanted to start a project, I'm sure there are people that will help you- Provided that you can get it to connect to the internet first.

If they work on the script, it would be fun to get a crew together and make an online game through VX. We would just need scripters and artists! It'd be fun to have a large VX gaming system for people to play for free (And donate too cause... y'know... they like it... <.< >.>)

Maybe I should make a topic for this. Get a crew to make an online game with me on VX. xD

then, possibly, in the future, make it so that it is not dependable on VX, and make and actual game and become rich! Muahah. OwO

It could happen... >.>;

So many people seem to want this, but has nobody thought to check the netplay plus website? Because if you had, you would have known that a few months ago, the netplay project was started again. And the new edition they have released is available here for VX or XP:

http://www.netplayplus.com/

But I really wouldn't recommend making an MMORPG with rpgmaker. It is extremely hard and takes a lot of dedication, not to mention money for a server computer. Leave the MMORPG's to the proffesionals.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.