Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPG Maker XP/VX Encrypter

Zeriab

Sponsor

Here is a little tool I made for those who want their compressed archive without having to go through the installer RPG Maker XP/VX makes.
Considering how long time the compression takes there is also some time to save if your project is big size wise. (Why do such a compression when you gain so little? Unencrypted contents you do gain something though)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?9xc9maz528fthak

I can tell you that RPG Maker XP failed to create an installer for a 228 MB big project. So if your project is big enough you may have to use this tool. I have successfully made a 174 MB .rgssad which seemingly ran perfectly fine. It was a crafted example though.
I haven't tested to see whether RPG Maker VX has the same issue or not.

ReadMe":2ecx1utw said:
Copy the RPG Maker Encrypter.jar over to your project at the same place as Game.exe
Run RPG Maker Encrypter.jar.

Note that no dialog is visible while it works.
It will tell you when it finishes.

I have encrypted 174 MB in less than a minute, so it shouldn't take too long. (Only the Data and Graphic folder will be encrypted)

P.s. I have been lazy with the GUI, it does disappear while the encryption is taking place.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Well - how about that? This is definitely useful! Especially for Non-RTP games, and voice-acted games.
*downloads*

Thanks, Zeriab; and a good job!
-abreaction

Atoa

Do this compression do exact the same as RMXP/VX default encryption?

I ask that because i'm look for a way to avoid RGSSAD Extractor.

really. i though i was :sad: ah it doesnt matter its still good. I just hope that he can add protection method onto it. Still much faster than i expected :smoke:

p.s to my defence, it was posted somewere else before here ;)

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:47 pm (just thought i'd say ) :P

Zeriab

Sponsor

Thanks abreaction ^_^

@Atoa:
It's not compressing anything, only encrypting.
I am not sure that I encrypt the files in the same order as the default encryption, but other than that it does the same.

It is highly unlikely that this will prevent vgvgf's RGSSAD Extractor nor any decrypter from working properly.
I am sure that any good decrypter will still work.

@LegacyX:
Thanks, I am glad you like ^_^
You weren't the first to test it besides me though. You were the second or third.

@abreaction:
I showed it to him elsewhere, before I made this post ^_^

It's not really faster than the built-in encrypters, but you avoid the compression phase which takes like 20 or 30 times as long to do.
When you decrypt games the first bar is for encryption and the next bar is for compression and creating the installation file.
If you want the .rgssad/.rgss2a file to package into your own installation or just to have a .zip file then you would have to wait for the compression and the decompression before you can get access to that.
You don't have to wait for that using my encrypter, which is why it seems this is so much faster and why it practically becomes so. ^_^

*hugs*

Is this any more or less secure than the original? I.e. does it have any additional features, or at least the issue of the er... dead cafe :wink: ?

Well, Wyatt, I dunno about extra features, but it's already been estalished that this is no more secure than the original encryption. But it takes less time, because of how it skips the compression phase.

Zeriab

Sponsor

It doesn't have any extra features.
It just creates an encrypted archive that can be read like a normal archive.
If I chose the files in the same order as the editor, then it should produce a file with the exact same contents as the editor. In that case the protection is exactly the same. (Well, maybe some poorly coded decrypters won't be able to handle too large .rgssad/.rgss2a files)

The best part is that you can skip the compression phase which is also what breaks too large projects -_-
I guess I should create a FAQ in the first post.

Zeriab

Sponsor

While it's perfectly possible to encrypt audio files with that the problem is with decrypting them. It's imo not fast enough, especially not if placed in scripts and I also think audio encryption should be separate.

So... I downloaded it and put the .jar file into the game folder.

Then double click it? It created an Game RGSS Encrypted File.

Do I still go through the RMXP "Compress Game Data..." option?

Zeriab

Sponsor

Nope, using this tool you do not have to use that option.
Do note that it does not include the RTP in the encrypted file.

If you want an installer you will have to create it through some other means with the resulting files.

*hugs*

Hi Zeriab! I am using your encrypter and it seems to work nicely! I just have ONE QUESTION:

How do you decrypt the projectfile? Are you using the same program (your's) OR do I need a special program (and what do I need then) or even a zip program?

Thanks in advice /robin

Zeriab

Sponsor

I am happy you like my encrypter :cute:
I don't decrypt anything. I let the rgss player handle the decryption.

This tool doesn't provide any way of decrypting an encrypted archive.
On a side note I really should add capabilities for adding RTPs to the package.

*hugs*

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.