Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPG Maker MZ

https://twitter.com/tkool_dev/status/12 ... 8109169665

Coming Summer 2020.

Nothing new can be discerned from the screenshots. However there will be more updates.
Nothing listed yet under the "New Functions" tab on their website
https://tkool.jp/mz/

The fine pint says *All screenshots are under development
Which might explain why the example title screen background looks so shabby.

Ah, they already have a steam page out for it. Which has more to say.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096 ... _Maker_MZ/

The only thing catching my eye is "event types". They're providing a "large number". I dunno if that's like quick events? Doors and chest.

Also they revamped the Battle Animations. Ok. I'm ready to be wow'd.

You can get a better look at the one Player Sprite by opening the image in a new tab. It looks really shabby too. Hopefully just a place holder. They're boasting the largest RTP of any maker. But I can see the monkey's paw curling it's finger. It could be the ugliest resource library of any maker.

Their site lists supported browsers. So they're definitely sticking with html/javascript plugins.

i was about to be annoyed at the fact that mz has been announced right after i bought mv, but they havent ditched the shit mapping system yet so i wont be buying it anyway after all lmao

oh interesting, i totally didnt think to read the katakana main menu items, i was looking for like a combo box lmao

hmm well fingers crossed, that'd be sweet if it did let you select individual layers. :lol:

Buuuuut...it might just be a dimming layer toggle thing. Who knows?
Lol, everyone's got their guard up. They know. Someway. Somehow. There'll be this disappointing deal breaker.

I saw on Rpgmakerweb some English screenshots using the dark mode theme.
Something new, when you switch to editing events the tileset window changes to an event list. That's kind of cool. I dunno if it's really helpful outside of giant maps. But still thoughtful.

Also you can tell they've refined the title screen and are using a different character sprite. So they're still developing the graphics. But that also makes me think their claim the MZ will have the most assets was premature. Or it's going to *technically* true with generator part combinations, but ignoring how viable those combinations will actually be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DRd7KVSAms

Ehhh. The colors are very vibrant. Can't put my finger on it, but I'm thinking that's a video filter. Kinda deceptive, like how in the past they've promoted tilesets that had so much depth to them, but in reality they doctored up their screenshots with cosmetic light and shadows.
Unless it's hinting at an ability to hue-shift individual tiles. Maybe there's more tile management tools like mirroring.
As well as battle-backgrounds. There's this florescent green tree row. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit by suggesting there is a good reason to show something awful.

They quickly showed the battle animation tab, but other than it looking different I can't tell what is new with it.

The character generator doesn't look dopey. It's hard to see, you have to play it at slow speed, but there are arrows in the upper corner to move parts around.
As for the non-generator assets. The monster designs are more practical and don't seem to be made by the same studio as last time. The video previews a file list. Actors 123, People1234, Evil. Monster. Nature. SF_Actor123. SF_Monster. SF_People1. This is identical to MV. So that's just reaffirming my doubts about having the most assets.
If there's one area I'd want to see improvement in, it's their NPCs. They never have NPCs to match snow and desert climates. And I didn't see anything in the character generator fly-by that could cover it.

The monsters list, judging by the scroll bar, looked like it might be 40-50. Which isn't close to what MV had at all. But you know, they could still be in development. These are just the front-view battlers too. They didn't preview a SV-battle.
This list didn't include "actors". But there might be more humanoids. Goblins, Gnomes, Birdmen, Demon. And a fair bit of aquatic sounding monsters. Crab, Ketos, Kraken, Hydra. But then maybe this hydra isn't the water variety.
I saw Unicorn listed in the Enemies tab. I think, Ball lightning "Plasma" maybe.

It looked like there was somekind of auto-suggest drop down as they were typing a Text Box Message. But that might be something unique to the Japanese version.

It was very quick but they also flash the item database. The icons they were using were simple white silhouettes like MV. They could be place holders. I know a lot of people would prefer something else.

There is now a "Systems 2" tab in the database. So more settings for something.

If anything, I'll download the free trial to nab the RTP and then buy it later when it's on a shockingly low special- like I did with journal maker MV.

Unless it grabs my attention with a feature I've long wanted. Like, a whole keyboard and mouse input system that actually works-- the generator still doesn't have a decent color picker. Just let us go HSL with that shit, jesus.

Also yeah that color is definitely a brightness filter. The video overall is grossly deceptive.

I was so hyped when MV came out, because resolution mostly- and tilesize was epic, too.

We just know so little about it currently. So I'm not gonna hold my breath., The good news is it's likely they'll make more DLC which is great, because that means more stuff for me. Extra battlebacks and parallaxes won't go amiss with the kind of games I make.

Speaking of DLC. The last couple makers have only done Japanese sets. And that's it. But since mz isn't so different from mv, they might actually have to do something else.

Here's some "leaked" screenshots shared on youtube. https://imgur.com/a/TttjSM4
From a 0.9.0 version.

Autosave
Active time battles
UI settings
4 map layers
Exp for reserve party members

Front-view Actor Battlers. The weapons look a little too fancy. But it's practical from JRPG Holy-Weapon convention. Considering the type of anime Kadokawa publishes, like Shield Hero, it's a sensible trend. It would be even amazing if they hired Seira Minami to be the illustrator too.
I believe they're suppose to be a male and female versions of the same class, despite the target name. Mages and Lancer.
But I'm getting the impression that this main character "Reid" is just a generated character. And it could have missing actor graphics like MV.

I'm worried the battle animation tab might be dumbed-down rather than "improved". Looks like you select a particle effect.

Oh man. The status icons. They have window curtains. Did the artist read "Blind status" and picture window blinds - window curtains?
I betcha that makes it through to the final release.

Another Thursday. New updates.
Battle Animations are imported 3D particle effect files that you can customize/generate in using the free 3rd party software Effekseer. I'm not sure how depth will translate to the engine. There is a Z-axis menu option in the screenshot, but the question is if that makes the animation always in front, always behind. Can I have a particle orbit a target? Can I move the target? Can I change the battle background? Not sure yet, but I'm getting disappointed because I'm not seeing the level of control I think a Side-view battle system should have.

Other than that, this weeks update only previews some more battlebackground. The "cyberspace" this time around is blue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6bJuPaQMbY
On the English side of things there was a demo made by Archeia and Visutella. Featuring Eric and Harold welcoming Reid to the rpg family. They wrote Eric like a certain internet troll a little too well.
This video also previewed some music and sfx. I had to do a double-take and turn up the volume.
I don't know if the battle animations we see in this video are default or not. But the magic circles don't match the plane of the floor. Hitting multiple targets with individual animations at the same time might be a new feature. But the animations just play on top of the enemies, so if they're not spaced out then the animation targeting an enemy in the back row is going to play on top of the enemy in the front.
It's still in development though.

:mad: There was another video previewing exclusively music files. I'm hearing the same problems MV had. There's nothing wrong with the tracks by themselves. But you're not going to be using them by themselves. And they're all completely different genres and instruments. You can't go from a techno trance, to jazz, to industral battle music.
Maybe I'm looking at their naming convention all wrong. Like why is elevator music "Theme" music? What makes Jazz appropriate for a "scene", isn't it more for ambiance? A field?
I dunno. Listen and decide for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFAFCb-kDKk

The weeks update reveals more event commands. More options. Move Route previews.
Name boxes for textboxs that doesn't require a plugin.

Got a number on graphic files. 105 enemies. 120 characters.
The enemies are both front and side-view, like MV.
I'm thinking the character "actors" really total 60, but they come in both fantasy and "modern" flavors. However the thing that's really pushing it over MV is that all 120 characters come with full body bust portraits.
I am really happy with all the designs. Very practical.

I'm still holding my breath though. You know, past makers have had portrait art limited to a pre-order bonus or dlc. So just because they're making it doesn't mean it'll be packaged together. You know, MV had these cover art characters teased in Famitsu Magazine and then it turned out it was sold separately.

Yeah, although if you pre-ordered MV, which i was planning to buy it anyway, you got that as well as the essentials addon free of charge. You also usually get about 15 dollars off, which is huge, especially when the maker is 90 after the fact with none of that DLC included. 90 USD converts to about 115 AUD on steam, so I'll be glad to reduce it.
I'm already sold if only because I want the rights to use the battle backs, parallaxes and other art assets that still retain some manner of usefulness to me. Even if I don't use the maker much itself- it's just a smart investment for my kind of thing.

The amount of titles and battlebacks pleases me. Though the extension to picture movements and move-route previewing is what is selling me most on actually using the engine over MV. If I did use it I'd be unlike to convert any of my current projects into it. It might be good for a remaster of a project or even a new project... if the plugins from MV carry over which they actually MIGHT for the first time in rpgmaker history- that would solve a lot of the reasons people usually hold off on switching engine... the wait while everything is translated over or remade. Even if it isn't so simple, it won't be quite the jump it was from rgss3 to flat out javascript.

The get locations by region eventing maneuvers might just be able to entirely do away with my usual need for a collision script. That being said, any games like that will likely be made in Pixel Maker MV (PMMV) from now on while RPGmaker will be kept solely for rpgs and things that don't require much in the way of foundation, but even then I'm more likely to use PMMV due to how easy it is to rig up sprite animations that look decent compared to RM. It also has multiple-scrolling background support from my recall which is good for expressionistic atmosphere games.

Menagerie would be a good reason. Both me and Jake have hit a nostalgia trip lately what with the recent soundtracks he's had to make. Menagerie is also still one of my most compact and well written games, up there with a great like PFC. It has such a strong sense of being, it knows what it is- and thrives on it, something Fantasia has struggled with is defining it's nche- it definitely has such a niche, and it's got a lot of potential, but it's yet to find its sea legs, though I'd expect as much from a game that's only 2/5th's of the way done as far as main story progression goes. Before PFC hit it's master stroke it was far worse because the main character Pep was too good at what he did, and kind of irritating. In PFC Pep became more grounded so as to give his strife respectability. This worked well. Menagerie was also remastered for a reason, the original lacked overall purity and was blighted by a number of themes that i went too hard on. In Remastered the base theme the whole way through is "Finding a Home in a caustic Universe".

There are some things about PFC I'd like to make better. The Fight with Esperia for instance, is phenomenally difficult, I personally can beat it, and it would be possible for everyone else to as well so long as they persevered, if it weren't for one thing. Lag. Even with a resolution like 640x480, that game has it's laggy moments.

I'd like to put it on Fantasia's level some day, make it wide-screen, less laggy, with more stuff. PFC definitely had a strong main story, but it is let down by it's occasional laggy encounters, and I'm sick of that 4:3 ratio. I'd probably keep to a similar art style, i.e. let Xiie do the portraits, because that more painterly look works for PFC incredibly well.

We had so many ideas, but it had to be scaled back so much due to the scope of the engine and how difficult some of the fights would have been to make given how grounded and weighty the combat was. I for one had to never have more than four enemies on screen. There was also weapon levelling, heaps of optional bosses, while some of the ideas made it, like the divine spears, and the Archonite levels my friend frubi came up with, which became the Archonite caverns, one of the strongest zones in the game-- aesthetically and story wise. It was like PFC's version of the true lab from undertail, with various journal entries in the form of NAC: Data Consoles. All of which were written by Saxxis, his original intention being to find a way to fix the power crises, as fossil fuels were on the way out and renewables had'nt been streamlined yet. This is where he discovered Archonite, and eventually something much worse- the Helgate. Saxxis has always been a good guy, seeking ways to better the world and it's people- but as he says himself, the path to hell is paved with good intentions and the blood of innocents, a line he just fucking jacked from Borderlands. This was an incredible way of handling the origin story of how the Heldathian's got to where they are in the game, without shoving it down the player's throat, they can choose if they want to read them.

The main flaws with PFC are in the Esperia final fight. The final phase is fine, but the first three where she only takes damage from certain weapons, the phases having a change to just screw up impressively and become game-breakingly difficult, etc. Originally this was just keeping in line with Soulcatcher's behaviour... in that if you try to run away they can cast a stamina curse on you so you end up actually going slower. So because Esperia is ascended beyond a regular soulcatcher, hers freezes you in place, she just deflects ranged weapons-- and even has a few lines to say 'that won't work, idiot.'

It does ultimately leave the whole fight as a bit of a dangerous and frustrating guessing game though. What I should have done was just reduced the damage of the other weapons drastically, and given some kind of hint the cleaver was her weakness. Each boss had their weakness.

Naxon #1: You only had shotgun so the method was obvious>.
Saxxis #1: Shotgun was effective in phase two, but black death triumphed in phase one.
Esperia #1: Orbs of Annihilation was all that damaged her. She'd like usual, shrug off mortal weapons like the shotgun and Nola's fuumar.
The Clash of Leaves: There wasn't really a better weapon here, but it was just a gauntlet of enemies, it just was written down as a bossfight due to it's difficulty and multiple phases.
Esperia #2: Now the Zodiac is much more effective against her, but the Orbs work fine, too. Like before the shotgun and fuumar weapons were not any help.
Saxxis #2: Zodiac was really good because not only could it to a lot of damage to him, but also deal with his nuclear bolts before they got very far, as they spawned to each side of him.
Warth'og: By this point you have the lich reaper, and while it is designed mostly for use against liches, it is immensely effective against warthog too, due to it's high damage and good range capabilities.
Naxon #2: Lich Reaper is the go, good range, easy to aim, it's alternate fire is also great in a pinch, he also kinda follows you arround, but with the Lich Reaper you can keep clear of his orbs of annihilation attack and keep peppering him with potent damage.
The Blood Council: You only have one weapon here, and the Divine Spears are killer. it also helps Svoli has a much more powerful shadowdash calls Sunshift or something, which actually felt a lot more fun, and this is why it became baseline for Fantasia.
Naxon #3: Lich Reaper again, but this is the last time it really is a mainstay. As a certain bitch is unaffected by it, even if it isn't a mortal weapon.
Esperia #3: She's only vulnerable to two of your weapons, the melee ones. The Cleaver is the most potent of these. This weapon is your mainstay the entire fight, even in the finale where all weapons work due to overriding her coy bullshit with the devil gene powerup.
Nola Deus: The Recusant's Glaives are your go to here for all but the final phase where Kara becomes dangerous, for this phase you can just shadowdash through her attack and keep peppering her with the lich reaper, the last time it'll be of any real use.
Xepp: In both phases the Divine Spears fuck his shit, in the second phase they are incredible for quickly taking out the bloodseeker bats so long as you can set them up right. In the final phase they are abouts the only way to beat him without the Bible of the Anarchists exploit.

So yeah PFC is flawed, it was my first time making an entire game steeped in the kind of combat system that Fantasia improved so much upon. I could do so much more with PFC and give it the chance to be perfect as I would wish in PMMV.

But for now I'm done with remastering old projects, beyond Intelligence Multi-Verse, i'm looking at making new stuff for a while. Between Seraphim, Crowfeast and eventually final round, as well as a bunch of unfinished projects like terra New Moon, Exile, Hellcat and so on, I have a lot I can do before I go back to remastering games that were already incredibly good on their own, if flawed. There's also the other Intelligence prequels, like Trust: The Last Kangaroo or Resolve: He Who Ran. I probably won't make a prequel for Limbo, as it's largely irrelevant to the events of the universe and his behaviors in present times. Laughter: Locked and Lamented will not be a thing I make any time soon. There's also some juicy conceptual games like the Kitsune game, which is so just 'oh yeah i'll make that at some point' that it doesn't even have a name yet. I'm also looking forward to making Cannonhell, which is basically a game for the Space Monkey Pirates. Oh, there's Junked, which I've already set up a good foundation for.

Speaking of all my projects, I've made a whole section for them on my website, it doesn't always work well on mobile but PC users are in for a treat. Feel free to check it out if you wish, I spent all wednesday on it.

Oh also, Coyote, I might have given them your feedback on the music, although I left you anonymous, as you just worded what i would have said myself better. Due to copying what you said and putting it in a paint file and altering the font it should be fairly untracable unless they painstakingly copy the entire bit word for word and smash it into google, but I doubt they'll be so desperate. For the most part the marketing account ignores negativity and pats itself on the back, ironically they call me the one with narcissistic disorder.
zzI1Uw7.png

It's actually gotten three likes, which is over double all the other replies. Congrats, it appears your insights are valued by the lepers either craven or in my case, irritated enough to actually look at these petty things.

I pray to god they actually fucking maintain this one properly, and bugfix their shit, instead of their attitudes towards MV, where they let a plugin stand in as a patch for months, only to fail to replicate the same fix without breaking other parts of the engine, like play movie.

I think it's just because I'm one of the only people who uses that feature, but it's really annoying that was never brought up. I looked for a fix, before realizing it worked in versions prior to 1.6 so i just reverted to 1.5.2 and used yanf's patch to cut the lag cleanly out of the equation. How much it says when an altruistic coder can outperform people who are actually paid money to fix their broken ass shit.

Sorry for the derailment's, lots on my mind lately.

I guess it creates the opportunity to sell music packs. Which is the majority of you see in MV's DLC list on Steam.
Music. Music. Music.
It's really surprising that they don't sell more in terms of tilesets and sprites. But I suspect there's a conflict of interest with the quality assurance person screening material that would compete with their own sales.
They say stuff like "it's too similar to existing material". Like duh, that's the point of an add-on, it's suppose to compliment existing material. Like saying you don't need sprinkles because ice cream already has sugar. People like that, gatekeepers, should not be in-charged of marketing or sales because they try to dictate what everyone's relationship to a product is. As well as what your relationship to them is. Like, "I don't want you to spoil your supper" but it's like "Ahem, you mean YOUR supper? Maybe your supper will spoil this treat. Did you you ever think of that? No. Because you only think of yourself."
And of course RPGmakerweb's resource staff have commercial licenses to sell. So you know, "Stop making games for fun. Make games to sell."

coyotecraft":2bpqqr1s said:
I guess it creates the opportunity to sell music packs. Which is the majority of you see in MV's DLC list on Steam.
Music. Music. Music.
It's really surprising that they don't sell more in terms of tilesets and sprites. But I suspect there's a conflict of interest with the quality assurance person screening material that would compete with their own sales.
They say stuff like "it's too similar to existing material". Like duh, that's the point of an add-on, it's suppose to compliment existing material. Like saying you don't need sprinkles because ice cream already has sugar. People like that, gatekeepers, should not be in-charged of marketing or sales because they try to dictate what everyone's relationship to a product is. As well as what your relationship to them is. Like, "I don't want you to spoil your supper" but it's like "Ahem, you mean YOUR supper? Maybe your supper will spoil this treat. Did you you ever think of that? No. Because you only think of yourself."
And of course RPGmakerweb's resource staff have commercial licenses to sell. So you know, "Stop making games for fun. Make games to sell."
You just pinned down precisely the mindset I hate so much about them. They're self-centered greedy pieces of shit who don't care about games that get made free with their engine that are very good, but games that sell well using the tilesets and resources some certain dipshits want to sell more of.

Now I understand why Celianna hates me, it has nothing to do with me or the morality of what I did, it's all to do with YOU'RE MAKING MY MEAGER SHIT WORTHLESS HOW DARE YOU!!'

I could literally make her bankrupt in a day just by giving out all of her resources packs that I've bought personally with my own money to everyone who wants them. She would do all in her power to stop me, because that's all she's fucking worth. A paycheck.

In case I never told you fellas, I have bought a lot of Celianna's DLC, I've given it out now and then to those that ask for it because I thought it was just eB! being greedy cunts, as it turns out, it's some girl from europe being a greedy cunt, in other words- there's very little difference.

If she thinks she's entitled to money for her resources, then there's plenty of ways to go about that, such as commissions and private deals, far more sustainable and much harder to loophole than literally copy-pasting a file after buying it.

Let's take a look at how DLC is usually labelled, as a degradation, a corporate bilk, a way for mega-corporations to make even more money than they make already. Then lets look at mods, all free, no one asks for jack but credit, and when Bethesda announced paid mods, the entire flatbed of those in the community said nay, both the modders who stood to profit, and the players who stood to lose.

Celianna's just a fuckhead. If she'd have just said what I did and left it at that, no problems, but because I undermined her superficial moral authority, she spent years slandering my name, calling me a plagiarist, saying I was an art thief, despite the fact I've credited her in every game I've made which use her resources, which I personally paid for out of pocket.

She's just one excuse in a pusbucket full of these rpgmaker corporate trashheaps that traded their soul in for money, and they make me sick.

I can't believe I once called them my friends. I could so easily pull the thread and watch their fucking eyes explode as I give out their resources to everyone who wants them, and establish the free market they are so dead scared of.

I haven't just for one reason... It would be unseemly to do it out of the blue, it is my ultimate way to keep them away from me, so long as they leave me and my employees alone, I won't destroy their soul-cleansed brittle carcass bodies from existence. If they start up their shit-flinging again though, that truce... is over, and them with.

Yanfly tried to be the good boy, he was the light among them who did stuff free of charge, and never asked for anything in return, he was a modder, not a greedy hack.

Yet they couldn't let that stand- because he was jeopardizing their market. I've tried to educate people on all this before and it's like talking to a brick wall, and once you show them there's undeniable evidence of this behavior, they scream bloody murder and try to silence you because they don't want to face the fact they've been supporting a corporate shitshow from the first. They're used to having moral highground, and they are so afraid of losing it that they too would rather let their soul crack than be a reasonable fucking human being.

I buy their produce still because I know it will make them that much more likely to not start anything, they hate me so much because I hold their business at metaphorical gunpoint. I know exactly what they're up to (see video above) and they know it. They can't stand the fact I see right through their pathetic little charade. It's not just me they've tried to silence, either. They've used this 'X IS A PLAGIARIST, KILL KILL' over and over. It's the same boring pattern. Sometimes it is actually true, but mostly, it's bullshit-- bullshit used to remove competitors or danger to their underwhelming corporate legacy, ruining people's reputations just so they can maintain their own... but ohoho~ That won't work on me. I am always going to be a person who fights for the people, so if they try to do anything that breaks our truce, I'll end it as I started it. With a single fucking post.

Rant over, I'm just glad someone can see through them like I can.

I'm not gonna censor you or anything but I've got to disagree on Celianna and on the concept of charging for materials in general. You're paying for the effort people have put in and generally paying well under the odds when it comes to resource packs. I've bought tons off GameDevMarket and never thought twice about the intentions of the person making the assets.

Ellie":309bye3z said:
I'm not gonna censor you or anything but I've got to disagree on Celianna and on the concept of charging for materials in general. You're paying for the effort people have put in and generally paying well under the odds when it comes to resource packs. I've bought tons off GameDevMarket and never thought twice about the intentions of the person making the assets.
Honestly i don't mind paying for it, if I did I wouldn't still be doing it. It's that Celianna took what I did and twisted the whole story into a big powerplay and lied and deceived, branding me as a plagiarist when I'd done no such thing.

And it wasn't her first time doing so, and it wasn't the last. I've seen it happen time and time again, someone calls her out for her bullshit, and that's it- they're a plagiarist, by Celianna's word and NO ACTUALLY PROVABLE SOURCES.

Ruining people's reputations or even lives just so she can keep hold of her pathetic little stranglehold of power. Running things like a true dictator and proving yet again that money is a magnifier.

I may disapprove of Touchfuzzy for his appalling handling of the IGMC contests that were entirely rigged to sponsor products by rpgmaker, and cutting a large divide between friendships when he took rmwebs up on his offer, but I can at least see he was a man who did things for the right reasons. I will admit that deep down he is a good man that has encouraged none of the toxic behavior committed by his staff.

I may have entirely shut down Indrah and still hate her for what she tried to do, but at least she was still trying to protect someone innocent, even if she had her facts completely muddled.

I can not in anyway say the same about Celianna. A corporate opportunist, and a boring one at that. Taking down anyone who threatens her pathetic monopoly on power, and has sold herself out publicly and mentally for less money than I pay my artists a month.

She's not only a monstrously toxic and abusive personality, she also has an ego so overbearing it can dwarf the empire state building, but when someone says 'no, I'm not going to play your little game' her ego turns to mush. She is not in any way, fit or worthy to govern anything, and should be sacked along with most of those corporate suckholes that thrive from the malnutritious teat that is Degica.

She won't though, because she's a corporate parasite, so long as she leaves me alone-- I won't make her my problem personally.

She is a cancer in human form, she's not a good person, and she never has been. As someone who's been in the political scene of rpgmaker since 2008, I'd like to think I'd know what I'm talking about. On my google docs is an incomplete archive of the atrocities this malicious cabal of silencing psychos has been responsible for, it's already at four pages, and this is solely on personal cases.

I dread to think how much damage they've done to people's lives. I am still angry with them and it's been 3 years since I've had any contact.

"You buy X for Y reasons" That's the kind of one-sided engagement that I find grating. The bottom line is it's not your reasons, it's theirs. They're not assessing anyone's needs. They're not entertaining anyone. It's all backwards. Their doing their own thing and demanding everyone else to entertain their potential.

Going back to MZ. I am kinda disappointed they're keeping Degica around as publisher. They had a nice thing going in the VX Ace days. But I think years of ignoring complaints about their forum moderation has spoiled their "social platform". Their store, in my opinion, is a charity. And they've inhibited more talent than they've fostered. I'm still mad about what happened to Cyanyurikago.
But I guess given current events now wouldn't be a good time to be restructuring.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.