Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RPG Maker Damage Calculators

Ever had trouble getting your characters and enemies to balance out? Tied of starting and stopping test battles because the damage wasn't right? Frustrate no more, for here is the answer! This application loads your RPG Maker project and can preform all the necessary damage calculations for you. It even takes elements into concideration! Changes you make to the game's database (In RPG Maker) will not immediately reflect in the program, however there is a quick option to reload the database (Ctrl+R). This makes testing quick and easy.

battletest3.png

The main screen, showing the actors and enemies. This data was loaded from a default RMVX game.

damage_ralph_slime.png

A default Ralph attacks a default Slime.

Download standalone VX version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337225/VX_Damage_Calc.exe
Download standalone XP version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337225/XP_Damage_Calc.exe
Download source version (Requires ruby and wxruby to run): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337225/Damage_Calc.zip
The source version includes both VX and XP versions. Just change the MODE variable in Version.rb to change between them. Run init.rbw to run the program.

**NEW** XP version released September 17, 2009.

Update: There is now the XP version of the program! This version doesn't have item damage support (yet, maybe) because of the different way XP handles items.

Enjoy.

I love this thing. Balancing will be so much easier now.

One question though, is there an option to see how much healing will be done if a character heals another?

Healing spells will use the target as the caster for the calculations. It's not the most accurate of finding how much a spell will heal, but close enough for the application.

Brilliant application. ^_^ Thanks for making this!

It would be even better if you would also see the maxHP/maxMP, the HP and MP after the attack/skill and the % by which it has gone down. Maybe also how many times the attack/skill needs to be done on average ('Expected') to bring HP down to 0. That would be extremely helpful, imo.

I do have a quick question; does this 'emulate' the RM formulas, or does it calculate it directly using the methods from your project's scripts? Only reason I ask is, while I still use the same method namespaces and argument handling, the actual methods handling attack/item/skill effect and element calculation formulas have been significantly changed.

Anyways, thank you for building these neat little tools, I remember when you started them a month or two back and I still have it on my other HD. Pretty neat and useful utilities :thumb:

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.