Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP: Zombehs?

OK I dunno where else to put this, it is by no means a finished game but I want ppl to look at it, give me feedback and ideas.

I've spent approximately 6 hours on this so far so don't expect too much but yea! On to the game!

Zombehs? is a zombie survival shooter, so far its one map that runs REALLY slow on my comp due to mass parallel process. I am going to have to convert the events that make the zombies chase after you when they get close and the events that determine the bullets collision with the zombies. There are two types of zombies, weak zombie and strong zombie, weak dies with one hit....if it hits, I have to improve collision lol. There is a hud, as you can see in the screenshot below

pigzombie.png

Credits: theory, for getting me into real scripting with rmxp, giving me a base for projectiles (even if it didnt have collision lol) and just all the help overall when I can't think for myself.
zanyzora for the gameover screen.
zombies for bein zombehs! why do we love em so?

Note: yes you play as a pig, how many games have shooting pigs as the hero?

Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?dv19o045d4lv1x1

Cool I will take that into consideration if I get to it in my allotted time. Right now I am really looking for people to take a look at the events and scripts and make suggestions on how I can improve, expecially collision.

MarioSuperStar":3kd2uy9h said:
tested it and let me say the mechanics are good.
just avoid your maps of being too large.

Cool ty, Ya I was thinking of just making many 20x20 maps or 20x15 maps and just have sort of a zelda like mechanic except randomly generated, so bullets wont always be the same way, nor will the correct direction to advance further.

The maps themselves would retain the info so the same mobs spawn (unless some condition is present) and treasure chests/bullets will not respawn. I also want to add another 2 or 3 types of zombies with different behaviors, such as say a "feral zombie" that will attack other zombies, as well as you.

Also I am toying with the idea of having a spawner rather than preset events first, so that Rooms can have more enemies with less lag, kill one another spawns kinda thing, which would allow me to add a mechanic to disable spawners once you have picked up a certain item, effectively keeping any room you have cleared clear for future transit.

Last, I am going to change the colour of the bullet to red or smthing, and implement another gun or two.

I dunno I may work on this again this weekend, we will see what I do with it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.