Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP/VX Project Encrypter

Well here's a thing I'm working on. It adds another layer of protection to Game.rgssad or Game.rgss2a (depending on what RM version your using of course.)

It's a small program anyways. So I'm interested if any of you who are into decrypting stuff can tell me if it works well or not?

I tried it and am satisfied by results, it seems quite protected.

The key can be anything and as far as I saw there is no limit in length (except for longer processing time), and program also gives automatic key generation ability.

Here you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?6axd0m5055agbbr

Well if anything, I hope somebody will find use for it.
If you decide to use it, just let me know by sending PM, that's all. :)

I tested it for you, and it didn't really work. The RGSSAD Extractor game_guy mentioned to you works on it normally. I suppose there is no way really to protect projects, is there? :/

Creating the unprotected Game.rgssad as a hidden file can only be a good idea if everyone has deactivated the option to see hidden files.

@luv_kitty12
Well you pobably didn't delete the Game(backup) file... that's a backup file which you need to delete once you want to publish project.

@vgvgf
True... but the file isn't just hidden in the folder. It's created hidden while decrypting, it does not exist when the Game isn't running. And as you know... you cant open a file which is already in use so you can't use DRGSS on it (tried it myself). Sure there ARE ways to crack this, and I know them (you probably do too since your a skilled programmer), but this is a start at least don't you think. :)

Drago del Fato":96jhedad said:
@vgvgf
True... but the file isn't just hidden in the folder. It's created hidden while decrypting, it does not exist when the Game isn't running. And as you know... you cant open a file which is already in use so you can't use DRGSS on it (tried it myself). Sure there ARE ways to crack this, and I know them (you probably do too since your a skilled programmer), but this is a start at least don't you think. :)
You can still copy a file in use, and decrypt the copy. Still, if you manage to mark it as a system protected file, so it can't be even copied, closing the proccess with the task manager or with a hard reset of the system, and the file won't be deleted.

I know, I know. XD

But I never saw that you can't copy a file if it is marked as a system protected file.

And I said it's a start. XD

I'm planning on doing App hook kind of thing so it will decrypt and give files directly to RMXP Game program once it asks, still have to find how to do it though. XD XD

Anything like this is good. It doesn't matter that you can still crack it easily; if it makes it so that the current programs out there for decryption don't work then it limits decryption to people who know how to do it without the plug and play programs - and people who know how to are less likely to be stealing your resources.

Yeah that's true.
But as you know programmers vanity, they're going to put a plug and play program just to counter this. XD XD

Or someone might post a tutorial, so that non-lazy people can get them... well it's first try I guess. XD

Yes, this RGSS archive easily seen in "see hidden" mode. It is easy to just copy it to withdraw from the hidden mode and rip up with any decryptor.

In addition, it will double score the volume of project on your hard disk. If the RGSS archive will be huge, about 400-500 mb, what happens? This too you need to think.

Dude it's already been said how to do it so you don't need to point it out anymore. You want to raise your post count or something? As I've already said it's a start, something to work with, get it?

Second for the length of the RGSS archive it is not true. I've tested it and the file size is unchanged, I guess it is you who left the Game(backup).rgssad (that is a BACKUP one in case something happens, you need to DELETE IT if you're not going to use it, GEEZ... :S )
so it seems to you that it is doubled, that's your fault not mine.

And if everybody is going to post the same stuff that was already pointed out then this topic is going in circles, then I suggest it to be locked.

Your just making the file hidden. (j/k)

Anyways it is a great start dude. I actually am going to make a dll in c++ encrypt rpg xp data. However, no matter how you look at it, theres no 100% sure way to encrypt your games completely. However mixing up different encrypting methods will at least slow the leechers down. Throw your method in, the one vgvgf made with editing the DLL. Throw some dummy files in there and your good to go.

And if you do the right things, it'll actually take a scripter to decrypt your data, but most scripters I know dont even bother stealing others work.

Ok here's how it works, these processes occur when you encrypt the game.

- Game.rgssad is opened.
- Encryption is done with the key you've entered.
- A backup is created.

When you run the game this happens:

- Game.rge is opened by the launcher
- Decryption is done so that the Game.rgssad is created (hidden yeah, it's what occured to me at that moment).
- A game is run.

When you close the game this happens:

- Game.rgssad is deleted from the place it has been previously decrypted.

Now I don't want anymore of you saying that I've just hidden a file. XD

@game_guy
Well do it, I've already completed my ruby encryption version (without the use of any DLL) of it and it works, I'm also going to combine it with C++ program to make it more secure.

Second for the length of the RGSS archive it is not true. I've tested it and the file size is unchanged, I guess it is you who left the Game(backup).rgssad (that is a BACKUP one in case something happens, you need to DELETE IT if you're not going to use it, GEEZ... :S )
so it seems to you that it is doubled, that's your fault not mine.

My fault, I'll check the backup.

But hidden mode is not a protection system. as we all know. Anyone can easily be removed from the archive everything that is possible.

You can simply copy RGSS archive to other folder when you launch the "protected project" (multitasking windows hasn't been canceled!), withdraw it from the hidden mode and use any decryptor on it. I already tested it. This password is useless.

2b887a1fa1c6.png

Ah, another thread, without bumping viewtopic.php?f=179&t=70525&start=30

I only wanted to use this, not for my own games, but to open another game Exit Fate, because being stuck in that damn Vishnu Citdeal annnoyed the hell of me, with little to no potions, etc, my bad, for not saving before hand. My old save was way way in the forest where you had to kill that ice beast. I'm not going to waste my time doing that again. I had to put that beastmaster and his beasties down to rest in 1 HP so I can continue the game, I haven't played it in a long though. This is a nice project, but I didn't want this encypter to steal resources(which is a minus to this program), just to open up a game, so I can get past some boss. Pretty self explainable. Though it was still difficult at most after it, and learn to live with the difficulty. Anyway, it's a nice idea to encypt your game, and do that password thing.

Don't have nothing else to say on this subject. If you can find it easy to password protect your games and protect it from decrypting, that's fine. Should bring out fake programs to trick other users. I don't know, we are busted, omg twist.

hey awesome encrypion program you got going on.
are you still improving it and working on it?
is it for vx?
i have a custom encrption system also, and i was wondering if yours and mine can be combined, together will be an invincible protection system.
mines uses a super heavily modified dll for extra proctection, do you think your prgram will add more security to my system, and vice versa?

edit- nevermind, I just tryied using the most basic rpgvx decryptor and was easily able to decrypt your security system. so no good. my system is much better.

edit #2- ok I forgot to delete the rgss2 back up that your prgram creates, so i didnt do it right. ill go try again, and see if your program is good. so dont mind my last edit saying that your program is no good, ill go try again, and also im going to combine my system with your system, see if that works too. ill be back with results later in the day.

edit #3- OK, i am back with my results. There are 1 things that your system does that is positive. #1- you have to run the game to make the rgss2a to show up, than you cannot decrypt it while the game is running. The down side of that, is all you gotta do is copy the rgss2a and paste it to your desktop and then decrypt it. If you can, make your system able to stop people from copying the rgss2a while the game is running. if you can do that, it would be awesome. Other wise, I dont see your protection system doing anything at all. I was able to FUSE my own custom protection system with yours, and it works. They are compatible with each other, so all my protections are also in use at the same time as yours. But FUSEING your system with mine still will not help, uless you can fix your problem. try and make it so that none can copy the rgss2a file while the game is running, and than maybe ill let you try out my system out, with both protection systems FUSED. It would be great.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.