Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP.org City

A detective...
A hacker...
A prostitute...
A priest...
A crime lord...
A hero...

Who are you...

the seattle five presents
RMXP.org City

Detective Sixtyandaquarter has twenty years of experience in the RMXP.org City Police Department. He's not the senior detective in homicide, and a recent string of murders has put him at the forefront into an investigation... and a mystery that he might not want to know the answer to.
Played by Burt Reynolds

Rebecca Vay, known by the hacker alias shepherd is a 16 year old databender who grew up in an orphanage in the inner city. She's developed a knack for computers that some might even claim is supernatural in origin, and she has access to information that might be vital to Sixtyandaquarter's investigation.
Played by Annasophia Robb

Venetia owns a brothel in the city's red light district, and has made quite a name for herself -- and quite a fortune -- doing so. She is very protective of her girls and considers them part of her family, and when a serial killer starts going after prostitutes, she calls upon the favor that an old friend owes her to ensure that her family is kept safe.
Played by Dolly Parton

Sophist is a respected priest in the Church of the Pariah, a movement which is gaining followers within the city. An advocate of peace and equality for all, while remaining a conspiracy theorist who does not trust the government and the RCPD, he has the potential to be a major political figure in the upcoming events.
Played by Christian Bale

The crime lord, Despain, has a powerful grip on the criminal underworld of RMXP.org City. Over the past few years his power has increased significantly and has cemented him in place as a major figure in the city. He is likely the wealthiest man in the city, although with his secretive and illegal methods, it is impossible to say.
Played by Jason Alexander

More characters will be added as they are introduced.

Book the Red; Chapter One of Twelve

Some could say that he was jaded. After nearly twenty years on the force, it certainly seemed that way sometimes. But once in a while there was that one scene where it was just too much... too much to handle. Detective Sixtyandaquarter took a deep drag on his cigarette, holding the smoke in his mouth as he looked over the naked body that lay on the pavement before him. After a while, he let it escape from his nose, stinging his nostrils in the cold November air.

"Well, detective?"

Sixty ignored the voice at first, concentrating on the corpse. In the gray light of the morning, it seemed as though the victim was at peace, and the grizzled detective wanted to give her that much, at least. The blood had long since soaked into an stained the road, and it looked like the early winter chill had taken its toll on the gruesome scene as well.

"Detective?"

"Yeah, go ahead and do your thing, K'."

Khmp lifted the yellow tape and made his way through into the crime scene. He crouched next to the body, following the edges of the blood patterns with his finger. Here and there, he would snap a few pictures, from different angles. He paid special attention to the neck area... where there was no head.

Sixty stepped in behind him, standing over the young forensics analysis as he did his job. The old detective took another drag from his cigarette. "The press will be here very soon. In fact I'm surprised that they aren't here already."

"My guess is that she was a prostitute. This stuff always happens to them," khmp said, ignoring Sixty's usual hatred of reporters. "The cut here is very clean, almost too clean," he pointed at the neck. "There was no struggle, and take a look at the blood. I'd bet that the head was taken after she was killed."

"How long was she here?"

"Tough to say because of the cold. But if I had to guess, I'd say she was here all night. Since midnight or so." Khmp stood up next to the detective and took one last snapshot of the body. "I can't say much more until we do the lab tests."

"Okay. We'll take it from here, I guess." Sixty turned to see two other police cars driving up to the scene. He recognized his rookie partner, Luminier, as he stepped out of the black and white cruiser.

"Hey, Six," Luminier called absently, stopping suddenly when he saw the body on the ground. "Oh... oh man." He turned back to the car.

"Kid's first murder?" Khmp whispered to the detective.

Sixtyandaquarter nodded. "Yeah, homicide's been short on officers lately, let alone detectives. Chief has me paired with a rookie. Wants me to 'show him the ropes' as if that's my job or something."

"Isn't your job to do whatever the chief tells you?"

"Sure feels like that some times, pal. Let's finish up here, there's a murderer out there to be caught."

Oooh, it's like readin a Jeffery Deaver novel. :V

It's coo', but maybe giving the characters regular names that are similar to the usernames would be a good idea; like Kay Harper, instead of Khmp. It's a little hard to take seriously otherwise.

they're not major characters, they're side characters within sixty's story arc. each of the main characters listed there are the main characters of their own storylines, which converge as the story goes on. it's the same reason why other characters like Wumpi aren't in the character list.

Hey, I got a part. :O Cool.

Anyway, this is some cool stuffs you got here. You gonna finish this, right?  :wink:

I can't wait for the next chapter. :eek:

(lol@Dolly Parton as Venetia)

They're still standing from what I hear.  Good soldiers they are.  They may just outlast her.  I'd be pissed just cause she's a shitty actress. Way to ruin the movie despain!

Venetia":2zvkr16o said:
Dolly Parton is old T_T

not thirty years ago! we have time traveling actors and actresses who work from their prime

I cast Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds as the leads for a reason. :D

oh okay. but just don't give me any speaking parts because i don't have a suthern accent :D. 30-years-ago-dolly is good for the lookin', and not fer the speakin'.

... like most women

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.