Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP - Membership System

Hi again Hbgames Community I have another request, I need a password system script for a Membership System. Like if someone buys a membership for my game off my website I send them a password that they have to enter on my game for cool stuff in the game. I also need the script to tell them if they have Membership in the Menu, (The Menu with End Game, Save Game, Equip, etc.)

So it will say Membership Status in a box below the End Game button. Under the text that says Membership Status it should say the day the Membership Expires. Like this 5/20/2011 (I live in North America so I do my date different than Europe) I should have a piece of code where I can see if they have Membership for certain events too. And I should be able to add passwords to the script and the amount of days, months, or years long the membership lasts.

I am doing this because I am trying to make cash on my next upcoming project. Thank you!

~xMakerx~

The hard way would be to script something custom and waste some time that way, but simply using a placeholder hero and changing it's name by the default Scene_Name, then checking if the name is equal to some predefined string should work out fine.

That being said, the concept you got is not a new one, as it's pretty close to DLC (downloadable content). The usual way this is handled is by an automated system that allows the buyer to retrieve whatever the paid for minutes later, and do not have to wait until someone (in this case you) checks their account, sends them an eMail and responds to it. Prepare to scare some people off by this.
Also, note that this is a form of commercial project, so make sure whatever you got is either yours or permitted to be used within a commercial game. That is not restricted to the unlockable-by-paying content, but applies to the free part as well, as the intent of the game is still commercial.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.