Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RMXP - HBGE (0.0.4)

This seams pretty neat, you think there is a possibility this project might break off from being constricted to RM? It seems like this could possibly evolve into something brand new, seeing as your making your own database stuffs :huh:

I wanted to check it out, but unfortunately the links were down :fap:

Well, either way this sounds like it could be a pretty sickmade project, maybe I'll crawl out of my gutter and put some work in... maybe :tongue:

Download links doesn't work for me. I got only an empty page. I tried the link I found in the sourcecode(sedoparking.com/demos/rmxp_hbge_004.zip), but it doesn't work. :(

@ SephirothSpawn
Are you still working on this project ? What will be the differences compared to the ARGSS by Vgvgf ?

Argss is a different software that replicates the game.exe while offering more features to the API

HBGE is just a complete rewrite of the default script in RMXP.

Ok may I suggest a few things with this....

First if you're going to rewrite the whole script and add some of your own functions how about making a script packs based on Type of the RPG a person wants to make, for example - "Golden Sun Pack, Pokemon Pack, Standard RMXP Pack, Standard RMVX Pack, etc.", which contains customized and optimized scripts just for that style of the game, instead of making All-in-one script pack.

Second, could you use Thread.new in when rewriting scripts, i think it should pretty much optimize threaded function allowing you to do more stuff at once without putting a burden to processor.

Code:

#Thread is a built in class in ruby

c = Thread.new{block of commands}

# Refer to ruby API to see functions of Thread class

Third, if you need my help in something I would gladly help, I'm not much, but I can say I made a pretty decent Tilemap Class (RMXP one) (which is not yet posted), without priority 1 bug and works pretty good with RMVX (except for really large maps, it slows down a bit when loading them, but only during that).

Fourth, how about making some (if not all) the scripts be Multi-Platform (or should I say Multi-Engine)? Like being able to be used in both RMXP and RMVX? I know you're making a complete rewrite so why should you, reason is since RMVX is has more optimized Graphics class which uses DoubleBuffering in full screen mode + various fixes. The way you could obtain this is...

Since RMVX uses $TEST global variable and RMXP uses $DEBUG global variable it is possible to achieve this by using this method:
Code:

# If RMXP execute this code

function_to_execute if defined? $DEBUG

# If RMVX execute this code instead

function_to_execure_vx if defined? $TEST

Well just some of the ideas I had, hope you'll find use for them.

Thanks \o
It worked fine.

I'm not such a great programmer, but I liked what I saw here. I hope you keep on with this great project.

Do you intend to change the way the Graphics Module render everything on the screen? I think the way original scripts deal with rendering is one of the worst things ever made in RPG Maker '-'

See ya \o

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.