Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[RMVX] Cooking system, Full Mock Up Inside

Joy

Good day again all,

What I'm looking for is a cooking system for VX that is more oriented towards experimentation than recipes. I would like to have a system that will be called from the map (not in the menu) that will have the player select ingredients from within their inventory and then attempt to cook them, with failures (burned/bad food) from improper combinations of ingredients.

Here's how it would basically go:

These images are set up like windowskins for clarity of window arrangement, but I would like the windowskin to be invisible and instead to call a background picture handled within the script.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/ ... Mock01.jpg[/img]

Within the menu, the first selection box is the long box spanning the top of the screen with the options "Add Ingredient" "Cook" and "Cancel Cooking". When the player selects "Add Ingredient, the cursor moves to the next selectable window, where there is a list of items populated from the player's inventory, with the script having a way for me to input which item IDs correspond to proper cooking ingredients. The list will show the Icon, Item name and Quantity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/ ... Mock02.jpg[/img]

Upon selecting an ingredient to add, the cursor then moves to the lower left box where the player can adjust the quantity of ingredients to add with the up/down arrows, then confirm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/ ... Mock03.jpg[/img]

Upon selecting the ingredient and it's quantity, it is added to the center right window, the cursor returns to the first selectable window, on "Add Ingredient".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/ ... Mock04.jpg[/img]

By selecting "Cook" from the first selectable window, the script will then check the item IDs and quantities against the recipe list, upon a sucess, adding the dish to the inventory and displaying the dish's icon and name in the lower right window, OR, if the combination was incorrect, adding the failure item to the inventory and displaying it in the lower right.

For failure, I would only want one option, so it does not need to be programmed for each recipe.

I would also like the selectable windows to cascade in keypress, so pressing the cancel key from the quantity window will return to the item select window, then from there to the main selection window

Also, I have not shown it in mockups, but I would like the "Cancel Cooking" option upon selection to call a simple choice window of "Start Over" and "Leave Kitchen", start over would remove the already selected ingredients in the right window

The scripts would need to have the following editable options:
*Cooking background image
*ItemIDs for ingredient items for the ingredient list to populate from
*Recipe list set somewhat like the following:
-Dish ItemID
-Ingredient ItemIds and quantities
(something very simple)
*All Items would call both their names and item Icons
*A failure dish ItemID for incorrect combinations

Thank you for looking, I would very much like to have this system for Athenauem, and would be willing to trade a bit of art to whomever can successfully get this script for me.

EDIT:
Someone has started coding this.

Joy

Bump.

I draw pretty things for you~~

Maybe I could even do sprites for you~~

I can do mapping too~~

Pleease make Joy happy by making this feature for her gaaame~

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.