Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RM Data Checker

This program scans through your RMXP or RMVX project for unused or missing graphics and audio, and tells you what database elements are used. Future versions will of program will provide a more in-depth analysis of your game data, and even make an attempt to fix certain things, like corrupt data files.
I'm sure that this program will be of great assistance to those developing your games, and I hope you will use it to check all of your games.

Screenshot:
project_scanner.png

Download link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337225/Data Checker.exe
Source link
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/337225/Data Checker.zip

I'm curious about the source. I've been trying to do something like this for ages. If you want you can just PM it to me to keep it private. I don't plan on stealing the code, just looking how you did it.

Also I tested it, and it works pretty well. Good job!

Now people have no bloody excuse for missing graphics in their project files!
(Does this also scan scripts for missing resources?)
Do you mind if I link people to this tool whenever they have missing resources?

That's really cool Yeyinde, I'm also working on something similar for my editor.
I was wondering, would it be possible to scan the scripts too? It would be much harder, for sure, but useful for people who are referring to files by scripts like bitmap/sprite, etc.

Keep up the good work man! ;)
-Dargor

Just updated the program to scan whatever RTPs are defined in the Game.ini file, so now you can truly check whether or not you're missing that one RTP file you forgot to include to make your game standalone. The program now also reports what data files may be corrupt, which is also helpful to know before you run into it trying to play Map039 or whatever.

Dunno if 13 days counts as a thread revival, but I LOVE THIS. I FRIGGIN LOVE THIS. When I made my game and released it, I was missing a few files and it was SO ANNOYING to test to see them. So thanks a lot!

Sorry to bump this, but I can't get this to work. I tried it on my XP project and it said that the runtime caused it to terminate in an unusual way... Is this a problem you've encountered before or is it just me?

Shadi

Sorry. Yeyinde. I send to you private message about this program, but i don't get a reply, so i bump this thread.
Double times I get a runtime error when i tried to search unused resources in my project by this software.
First time i switch off UAC in my system it is OK. Today when i improved some events in my gale still it isn't work.
I have Windows 7 if it's useful.
This is error Screen: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10678415/B%C5%82%C4%85dDDDD.png
I think it is not fair that one time it's work, next time isn't and you as a creator of this software have a obligation to help me.

I think it is not fair that one time it's work, next time isn't and you as a creator of this software have a obligation to help me.
I certainly hope this is a language translation error.

I just ran the checker on a bunch of RMXP (1.02 & 1.04) projects, on Windows 7, and it worked fine.
It still has the "Below is temporary until I actually make it examine the data references:" message, So I don't know if there are more than one version, but I used the program linked in this thread.

If you disabled UAC, I assume you are an administrator on your computer?

I see HarryE had the same problem. I wonder if we can get any insight/wisdom from him?

I'll see if I can track down Yeyinde.
(HINT: if you click on his name, you should see the last time he was here.(yesterday). And if you then search his posts, you will see the last time he posted.(14Jan12))

Shadi

Yes. I'm from Poland, I want to say "skoro jest twórcą tego, to powinien mi pomóc"
Yes i'm an administrator on my computer. I used version from other site, but if i download from this forum nothing changed.
So i wait for Yeyinde for he opinion about it or i send message to HarryE.

Gotcha. Probably "...you as a creator of this software would be the best one to help me." (less demanding)

"obligation" is a legal or moral duty. I have an obligation to pay my taxes, take care of my children, etc..

Hopefull, Yeyinde will chime in soon. I have the source code, so if I get time I'll take a look & see if I can find anything...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.