Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Ripping Resources Resolution Question

When I rip character sets/tiles , is there a certain resolution i should stick to in the program , say EPSXE or ZSNES.

it kind of makes sense , i can go with the default resolution in the game which makes the perfect quality (not sure if its perfect size) character sets and tilesets, but do you think it will look alright in RMXP?

Now i just realized something im curious about.

Do you mean default Resolution of epsxe , the game , or the system.

cuz right now all my games are running at 320 x 240.. and the quality is perfect.

but im just confused a bit.

Japa

EPSXE depends largely on the game.
If it's a 2d game, I believe the defauld resolution is 320x240, but in a 3d game, your better off putting the res higher.

Also, because the default resolution of RMXP is 640x480, I suggest putting the resolution of epsxe to that, and apply a filter like HQ2x, as it will look better than if you resize it later in photoshop.

Japa

are you saying i should rip the characters at 320 x 240 than use hq2x to rescale them to 640 x 480 or are you saying i should rip them at 640 x 480 and use hq2x to make it loook better?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.