Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RING MENU!!!

I tried to add a beastairy to the menu and I changed the numbers and made it s6 and made exit s7.  Then i changed those other things to s8 and s9 so as not to conflict.  Then I added when 5 to that area with the processing of when you enter a menu screen.  I put the code that makes the decision sound and the scene=scene new beastariry or whatever.  Lastly I put the icon for it and put ti as a choice in the last section dealing with the menu options.(the place where you put s6 = ring_menu_text[s6] which would be the beastairy.  When I tried to start the game.  There was a syntax error on the when 5 part.  But the thing is that there's only 2 words on that line which are when and 5.

Can somebody please help me as I have no scripting experience whatsoever and do not understand this at all.

EDIT:O tried the exact same thing and put it before save and exit so...*PROBLEM SOLVED*

Hey this is one sweet menu style  :thumb:. There is only a couple more things I need. I need this to be able to hold 7 menu commands (please if there is a way tell me how to do this). I need 7 menu commands because I have an options menu. I also would like playtime to be somewhere (if possible in the bottem right-hand corner) in my ring menu. Could someone please help me do this?

EDIT: I have gotten the 7th command into the menu. Though I don't want this but I found you can't have more than 8 commands in the menu or it gets a text producing error somewhere in the ring menu script. But I am still stuck at how to add a playtime window. Could someone please help.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.