Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

RGSS2 Enhancer 1.73.0

Well if my request is not hard for you  :smile:, could you make rgss1 script work on rgss2 without modifying the contents. Thanks YoU be4 4 sharing this neat script

~Bye

ok a few issues......

1.) WHY oh why did you not alias the scripts this makes it impossible to work out computability etc etc etc....
2.) what if i like some features and not others..
3.) I have a logitech duel action (it basically looks like a ps2 pad) and my analog stick has always automatically worked without a special script....
after adding your script the d pad works the analogs which used to work don't and the d-pad is non functional cause it only works if i tap a direction then let go if i press and hold nothing happens....
4.) Some fonts in the font select options display as blank, /(i can only assume rpg vx doesn't support some font types) so while scrolling through them i cant read anything anymore when one is currently highlighted
5.) if you are going to have a scroll option for 300+ colors you need to update the colors as you go so we got an idea of what it will look like b4 we release the keys.

Look itsounds like im beingf a downer im not meraning to you got mad skills
But when your programming open source like this
1.) you need to write your code in a manner that 1 makes it easy to see what you modified
2.) ppl need to see how to undo things they don't like.

the way this is written one would need to reinvent the wheel just to change a few things back to the default like for example my joypad...

I wish you luck and hope you can resolve theses issues.

Ill use it if you can for sure

that would mean the digital is using an analog signal.  well, I can adapt it so that both work the same.

as for aliases, most of the changes were a line here and a line there replaced, though I did and some new modules as well, thus aliases won't work here.

and as for inserting rgss1 scripts without any alteration, that isn't even possible, so I play with the scripts until they work, sometimes by accident, a beneficial side effect is resulted, and I choose to keep it.  I see you have requested that these are separate from the main scripts, that was not the intended goal.  the intended goal was to make a complete RGSS2 replacement, though I could make a standalone version that only adapts what is already there, though that will take time. Lots of it and lots of debugging.

Great work. But can you add some manual how to set this up so that newbs like me can learn to use it. I don't understand how I can find other tilesets that I found in the tileset folder.

kram1024":1rxf1ygp said:
You can use a script event to change the tileset anytime you want.  I set my script edit up that way for the very reason you specified:  Sometimes a map needs to use more than one tileset.  the only problem with vx tilesets, is availability of them.

Since only the original tileset (renamed to Default), the the RMXP one are the only choices right now, I had to otherwise use those in the demo.  To add a tileset, simply edit the Defaults module's tilesets_default hash to add a default tileset for a map, make sure that an entry 0 still exists, that is the master default that is used when you go to a map that is not in the hash array.  Otherwise, you can have an event change the tileset to any tileset you want at any time you want, my demo demonstrates that, and how to do it.

Tileset filenames are based off of the old Graphics\System\Tileset* names.

I did that to make building tilesets much easier, since Enterbrain already explained the Tileset* files.
the fimenames areas follows:
<name of tileset>A1.png
<name of tileset>A2.png
<name of tileset>A3.png
<name of tileset>A4.png
<name of tileset>A5.png
<name of tileset>B.png
<name of tileset>C.png
<name of tileset>D.png
<name of tileset>E.png

and as for the complaint that it is much harder to work with multiple tilesets in vx, I have plans to write a visual basic tool that copies your tileset into the System directory so that the vx editor can see the tileset you are using, All you have to do, is tell the program what you called the tileset, then reload the map in vx.

you would then see the updated tileset as it would appear in the game.

The tool I speak of is also a good way to check to see if two different tilesets are compatible with tileset swap type events.

To change a tileset on the fly, just simply use a Defaults.tileset_name = "<name of tileset>" event, and to reset the tileset back to the map default, just simply use a Defaults.tileset_reset event.

that same trick works with just about any system graphic, example:

Defaults.windowskin_name = "Foo" #change to Foo windowskin
Defaults.windoskin_reset              #reset to default windowskin

Also you can change any of the defaults, even the tileset master default (tilesets_default[0]), so no reason to complain.
Oh, and one more thing, always reset the current tileset back to tileset defaults before entering another map, otherwise you will have the tileset you specified, even on the next map.

I don't get it... :S

Can you put some examples... Specific examples... I really don't get it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.