Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

-RESOLVED-More battle tweaks/Dexterity removal

Hey guys! I'm back with another few requests. None of these should be too big, although 1 of these will affect a few menu screens...

• I want attack accuracy to boil down to Attack's Hit rate - Target's Evasion. I don't want Agility or Dexterity to factor into it at all.
  • I would also like the chance of a healing attack to hit to be just the Attack's Hit Rate.
  • The DEX-F of an attack shouldn’t affect the attack’s damage, or accuracy, or whatever else it may effect.
  • I would also like to change the chance of an attack being a critical hit to not include dexterity. I would like the chance of a critical hit changed to Attack's DEX-F out of 100. So, a DEX-F of 5 would give an attack a 5% critical rate. Not to be confused with a Dexterity stat of 5 giving a 5% critical rate. Dexterity does not come into this.
  • I wish for the Dexterity stat to be altogether removed. It is the most useless skill by default, and after these changes it will do nothing. I want it gone. Any menus showing the Dexterity stat can just have the stats below it moved up and a little extra space at the bottom.
  • If I’ve forgotten anything else that would be affected by Dexterity no longer existing, please tell me so I can detail what I want done with it.

Pokémaniac":3do6m4hr said:
[*]I would also like to change the chance of an attack being a critical hit to not include dexterity. I would like the chance of a critical hit changed to Attack's DEX-F out of 100. So, a DEX-F of 5 would give an attack a 5% critical rate. Not to be confused with a Dexterity stat of 5 giving a 5% critical rate. Dexterity does not come into this.
How do you want to determine the critical hit rate of normal attacks? They don't have any DEX-F.

But how do you want blindness to affect accuracy? Imagine that blindness lowers accuracy to 50% and that the target has 50 Evasion. Will the evasion just be subtracted from the accuracy meaning 0% chance to hit or will both effects be applied separately for a 25% chance to hit?

I found two additional questions to answer. Other than those two I've got the rest of the tweaks covered.

1) What happens if you combine blindness with a skill that has lower accuracy? For simplicity sake, let's assume blindness lowers accuracy by 50% and that the skill in question has a 50% accuracy. What will the final accuracy be?

2) What happens when a condition is met when the enemy won't evade. RMXP has two conditions where an enemy won't try to evade, it's when they are inflicted with a status effect that prevents evasion, like sleep, and if the attack in question would heal them (the enemy absorbs the element of the attack). So far I've made it so that under those condition the attack can still miss, but the evasion of the enemy isn't subtracted from the accuracy.

Also, do your game have any other scripts that changes the content of Game_Battler 3? If so then actually implementing the tweaks will get a little more complicated.

Crystalgate":1w57gn3r said:
I found two additional questions to answer. Other than those two I've got the rest of the tweaks covered.

1) What happens if you combine blindness with a skill that has lower accuracy? For simplicity sake, let's assume blindness lowers accuracy by 50% and that the skill in question has a 50% accuracy. What will the final accuracy be?

2) What happens when a condition is met when the enemy won't evade. RMXP has two conditions where an enemy won't try to evade, it's when they are inflicted with a status effect that prevents evasion, like sleep, and if the attack in question would heal them (the enemy absorbs the element of the attack). So far I've made it so that under those condition the attack can still miss, but the evasion of the enemy isn't subtracted from the accuracy.

Also, do your game have any other scripts that changes the content of Game_Battler 3? If so then actually implementing the tweaks will get a little more complicated.

1). It'd still be 50 - 50.

2). That seems like an appropriate way of doing things. (What you have already done)

3). I don't.

Thanks for getting on to this for me!

The script is done: http://www.filefront.com/17175505/Scripts.rxdata/

Dexterity isn't removed, but it does nothing now and the player can't see it.

If you haven't implemented any custom scripts yet, you can just replace the scripts in your game folder with this script. If you do have other custom scripts, my script only changes the contents of Game_Battler 3 and Window_Status. Just open up my script in a separate project and then copy and paste.

Critical hit rate for normal attacks is on line 55 in Game_Battler 3. That line says "if rand(100) < 50" and you should replace the 50 with whatever % of critical hit you want normal attacks to have.

Crystalgate, if you only modified one or two scripts, it's better to post the scripts here than uploading a file that might be unable to download after a year or so (just in case someone else is interested in your script modifications).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.