Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Resolution Script

Proto

I want everything to be zoomed in, so everything looks bigger. There are scripts that do this but the only one I found had a black bar around the unused parts of the screen. Is this possible without the black bar?

Proto":13rscz8u said:
No, thats only when I play it from the Game.exe file

Just to be clear, I want you to open the script editor and open the script called AInput, and scroll down to line 144, then insert that line so that it looks like this:

Code:
   #---------------------------------------------------------------------------

# * DLL functions

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------

p FileTest.exist?('.\AInput.dll')

InputInitialize = Win32API.new('AInput', 'InputInitialize', 'LLLLL', '')

InputRepeatConfig = Win32API.new('AInput', 'InputRepeatConfig', 'LL', '')

Then, I want you to save it and tell me whether it says true or false before it crashes.

Proto":9uqs250j said:
Yea i got true. I thought the p u put at the begining was an accident

Ah, no. The p command actually makes it put out one of those message windows. Anyway, that's incredibly odd. Did you use the version that has .\ before AInput.dll, or the version without it? If you used the version that had the .\, try changing the lines below what I told you to add so that they look like this:

Code:
   InputInitialize = Win32API.new('.\AInput', 'InputInitialize', 'LLLLL', '')

InputRepeatConfig = Win32API.new('.\AInput', 'InputRepeatConfig', 'LL', '')

InputDirConfig = Win32API.new('.\AInput', 'InputDirConfig', 'LLL', '')

InputUpdate = Win32API.new('.\AInput', 'InputUpdate', '', '')

And tell me if that works.

Proto":3alcfvhz said:
Any other scripts that i can use???

Well, the reason I'm asking about this one is because it's the most effective one for what you're trying to do. That being said, I believe the creator of the script was saying something about planning to switch it to my input scripts, so I'll just jump the gun and switch it for him. Gimme a few hours, and I should have it for you.

Thank you glitchfinder for helping him with this. and it's not the AInput that windows can't find, but msvc100.dll that AInput.dll requires.

I was never aware of this issue with Aleworks' input when I worked with it before, but I am now officially making the switch to your inputs (all three of them).

Proto, good luck on your game, and I'm glad you like my script, after sorting out the input error....

Proto":1hjer54u said:
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanx Glitch!!! :D

Hey, no problem. I used to dabble in resolution scripts myself, so I know which one's the best currently out in the English market. Just post again if anything else comes up, and we'll see what we can do.

DraycosGoldaryn":1hjer54u said:
Thank you glitchfinder for helping him with this. and it's not the AInput that windows can't find, but msvc100.dll that AInput.dll requires.

I was never aware of this issue with Aleworks' input when I worked with it before, but I am now officially making the switch to your inputs (all three of them).

Hey, no problem. AInput is certainly flawed, compared to the newer stuff. That being said, my edit would not have worked if he didn't already have msvc100.dll installed, since my transition.dll was also compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio, and so it requires the redistributable as well.

Anyway, like I said, I was glad to help, since you certainly have me beat when it comes to the resolution modifying department. I'm going to PM you a few questions about my old resolution script, though, since it had a bit that yours doesn't.

I want everything to be zoomed in, so everything looks bigger. There are scripts that do this but the only one I found had a black bar around the unused parts of the screen. Is this possible without the black bar?

here you can try this out... remove your old main script and replace it with this one... hopefully thats what you are looking for? :biggrin:

Code:
#==============================================================================

# ** Main

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#  After defining each class, actual processing begins here.

#==============================================================================

begin

if $BTEST == false 

$showm = Win32API.new 'user32', 'keybd_event', %w(l l l l), ' ' # Recognizes keyboard input 

$showm.call(18,0,0,0) # ALT down 

$showm.call(13,0,0,0) # ENTER down 

$showm.call(13,0,2,0) # ENTER up 

$showm.call(18,0,2,0) # ALT up 

end 

# Prepare for transition

Graphics.freeze

# Make scene object (title screen)

$scene = Scene_Title.new

# Call main method as long as $scene is effective

Font.default_name = ['Arial', 'Arial']

Font.default_size = (Font.default_name == 'Arial' ? 20 : 22)

Font.default_bold = (Font.default_name == 'Arial')

while $scene != nil

$scene.main

end

# Fade out

Graphics.transition(20)

# End fading animation

Graphics.update

rescue Errno::ENOENT

# Supplement Errno::ENOENT exception

# If unable to open file, display message and end

filename = $!.message.sub('No such file or directory - ', '')

print("Unable to find file #{filename}.")

end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.