Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Resolution Script

Proto

I want everything to be zoomed in, so everything looks bigger. There are scripts that do this but the only one I found had a black bar around the unused parts of the screen. Is this possible without the black bar?

First off, is this XP or VX? Second, do you want everything to be bigger? (As in, one pixel is actually a 2x2 square of pixels, so you can effectively make it like a blown up Pokemon game?) Or do you just want a bigger screen resolution? (As in, something like 800x600 instead of 640x480)

Proto":3k0ajd5l said:
Oh I thought they were the same thing. I just want the screen resolution, but without the black space around the unused parts of the screen.

So you want one that makes the screen something like 800x600, instead of one that takes all the images on the screen and blows them up to double size? And by blows them up to double size, I mean like what happens if you hover over the sprite below and select 2x. (only without the shitty blurring firefox typically does)

Proto

Is SDK compatible with XAS ABS???
And it gave me the same error as the regular version.
it said

sbgdn.png

Proto":1cj40k45 said:
Is SDK compatible with XAS ABS???

Seeing as I've never used the XAS ABS, I can't say for sure, but no is a pretty good guess. As I said, I recommend using the Non-SDK version. (Just download the non-SDK demo, and copy the scripts into your project. Just don't forget the .dll file that is required by AInput)

Edit: Sorry didn't see the pic. Took forever for it to load on this network. Lemme check out the kit to see why it does that.

Proto":345aqyv7 said:
I tried both lol are there any other scripts? can i try the other suggestion u gave?

Oh, lol. I just remembered what that error is. Unplug any game controllers you have in your computer. Pretty much anything but a mouse or keyboard causes AInput to crash. Gimme a sec and I'll tell you what lines to delete.

Actually, that's the wrong line. Hmm, try going to lines 144-147 of the AInput script and changing them to Ainput.dll. The thing is working for me, but it could be an issue with how your OS is interpreting the call to the .dll file, since it's trying to load it and failing.

Proto":1q6j3zom said:
same error after i changed the lines. just change the part tat says AInput to AInput.dll?

I'm trying to figure out why the project can't find AInput.dll. Try copying the following bit of code before line 144, and tell me if it says true or false.

Code:
p FileTest.exist?('AInput.dll')

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.