Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Resident Evil item combination

In Resident Evil 4 there was an option to attempt to combine any two items together, to increase the potency of the mixed items, to add silencers to weapons, or to create key items such as keys. Could someone write a script to allow a similar function in RMXP? It would work in one of two ways - either once an item has been selected, a new menu pops up asking whether the player wishes to use the item or to attempt to combine it with another, or a separate inventory solely for combining. Either would work well. Any help with this would be very appreciated!

I know very little of RMaker, and nothing of scripting, but you may be able to do it just by event with condition.
item A and item B is possessed, then remove both and add item C

Yes - this is the system I have in place at the moment, but I would prefer prettier system than events. This is because, as opposed to having a blacksmith or something, I just wanted the party to be able to combine items in the inventory, you know, to add an element of strategy. It gives an opportunity for experimentation, because the way I have it at the moment its far more linear. An example is when you find a cliff you need to get down and realise the best way to do it is by slinging a rope over the edge. One rope isnt long enough, so you would need to combine two lengths of rope. The way I have it at the moment is that it just checks to see if you have two lengths of rope and then does it for you - I think the new way would be more fun you know?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.