Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting Thousand Arms Battle System

Ok, I don’t know if anyone would even bother. But I’m requesting an Thousand Arms Battle System, just like the one on PSone. For those who don’t know how to battle system work, I’ll gladly explain.

The Battle System:
The system work in a one-on-one fight against the enemies. One character, the current leader of the party will do the one-on-one fight. While the other two party members support that leader. This also is done with the enemy’s side.

Character/Enemy’s Battle Actions:
The leader can do anything normally like any other RPG’s. Attack, defend, cast spells, etc. While the supporters can only give items to one or another, cast offensive and defensive spells to an ally or enemy. (Run command not useable for supporters, only leader) As the leader, most attacks will hit the leader, while only enemy’s magic can hit either the leader or the allies, both depending on the spell.

(Ex: Supporters can only cast magic to hurt the enemy, either the enemy’s leader or the its supporters)

If the leader happens to be defeated, a second member of the party will step in, and the battle will continue. This goes for the enemy as well. The battle will continue until either side lose all party members, or retreat.

ATB (Active Time Battle):
Just like you’re usually ATB, but instead, the leader has their own while the two other supporters share one ATB. Of course, when it’s full, the player first input their command to whoever ATB is full.

The image will show how the battle look like, how I would like it, and a little more explaining of it.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/Y ... tem_Ex.jpg[/img]

This kind of sound like too much work, which is why I said: "I don’t know if anyone would even bother."

Still, if anyone would look into it, I will be glad.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.