Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting script for opening .rxproj files in rmvx...

As the title says, im requesting help from any scripter who is willing and able to attempt to make a script to add-on the ability to open .rxproj files invx without losing the ability to open .rvproj files or even a program or wizard that works alongside vx.

good luck to any scripter who decides to take my request  :thumb:.

Zeriab

Sponsor

What are you trying to do by opening .rxproj files?

I suggest you try to open a .rxproj in notepad and you'll see why I am unsure what you want to do with it.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Zeriab

Sponsor

I am most confused ?_?
I just tried one which contained 'RPGXP 1.02'

Can you give an example of a file you want use in rmvx? (Include how you want to use it as well. I.e. the context)

Zeriab

Sponsor

Or is it that you have created an RMXP project and now want to use some of the resource from your project?
Any image files can be directly imported into RMVX by using the import editor. They might not be the right format. Character sheets for example are different in RMXP and RMVX.

As for any of the .rxdata files in the Data folder. They can perfectly fine be read in RMVX. They are most likely in a different format and you most likely have to do custom scripting for getting any use out of them.

Be sure to check the EULA of RPG Maker XP before doing any importing to be sure you are legally allowed to do what you want.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

you hit the bullseye zeriab thats exactly what im trying to do but unfortunatley the my computer crashed a few months back and because all the originals were on it i lost direct access to my resources, so im having to recollect them from my project files and export them... and yes i already have the software to change tilesets and charactersets from xp to vx. i just need to get at my old resources.

Zeriab

Sponsor

That make a big difference actually ^_^

I'll take a look at it and see what I can do if you send me the project.
Feel free to pm me with the details of how to get it if you are afraid of contents being taken by others.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.