Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting Junction System for XP- with tweaking.

Well, what I'm looking for is a Junction Draw and GF System for XP (It's from Final Fantasy VIII in case you didn't know). It needs to use the SDK (2.3 would be best) and be compatible with DVV's RTAB + Animated Battlers. I need it to be tweaked a bit as well so anybody considering taking this on, please listen up. I need it as comprehensive as possible, too. The tweaked parts of the system are highlight in red.

"Junction" is an umbrella term for equipping magic to stats as well as equipping summons. However, magic cannot be Junctioned unless a Summon is already equipped.

Magic is obtained via the "Draw" command, which can be equipped to players via the "Abilities" Menu. It can also be obtained by refining it, drawing from a Draw Point, purchased from rare stores and won in Magic Tournaments. Each magic is compatible with certain stats (such as Protect => Phys. Def) and the more magic you have in your inventory, the more powerful the stat it is equipped to.
Each player has an individual inventory of stocked magic, able to hold 45 different magics. Additional magic cannot be added unless the player discards old or unneeded magic.

The term "Summon" refers to Guardian Forces, powerful beings that can be summoned in battle. When called upon, the GF begins protecting the character with its HP until it can appear, which is once the ATB gauge refills. It refills faster depending on compatiblility between GF and character. This can be enhanced with items, repetitive use, individual equipping, and using spells of the same element as the GF. While being summoned, if a GF's HP is reduced to zero, the summoning stops and the GF cannot be called upon for the rest of the battle.

Guardian Forces advance in the same way characters do, levelling up based on the amount of EXP a character receives. If more than one GF is equipped, this EXP is shared between GF's.
GF's can learn skills that can increase the party's power, give the character new skills, prevent back-attacks and many other things. These abilties must be chosen to be learned and once the learned the character must equip them in the Abilities menu unless it is GF related.

A new feature is the fact that GF's can only be equipped for 10 battles then a character requires a recovery time that depends on how powerful the character is, wokring with the equation LVL/5 X 2. For example a LVL 100 character would require 40 battles before they could be re-equipped to a GF, but a LVL 1 character would require only one battle. This measure is in force to prevent GF's stealing memories.
Another new feature is CAP, which stands for Character Ability Points. Working in the same way as a GF's AP, characters can learn their own abilities for use while waiting for the GF recovery time. CAP cannot be acquired while equipped to a GF since it becomes the GF's AP. Each character participating in battle recieves the same amount of CAP. (Unless Junctioned)

Dargor did a system like this for VX. Unfortunately I don't own VX so I can't use it :(. The person who did this would get ultra-credited in my game.

Please and Thankyou :).

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.