Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting a custom sprint system...

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script, or a premade script of this nature.

Script Title: Hold button to sprint on maps.
RMXP or RMVX: RMXP
select either the VX or XP topic icon. No other topic icons are acceptable here.
Detailed Description: I'm looking for a custom sprint system i can add to my game. I want it to be a sprint system like this... If you hold Shift in game(or another free button such as Left CTRL) you will sprint around the maps, basically just something speeding up the characters walking speed. I want people to be able to turn and move around while sprinting, i'm sure this has been made before, so if you have seen it or can tell me how to set this up i would GREATLY appreciate it. :)
Screen shots: N/A
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
SDK, UMS, CBS, FF7 CMS, FF Menu, New Shopping System, Image Save File and CSS(Character Shadow Script)

Atoa

I have an script with 8 directions + dash with custom animation.
Since you can desactivate the 8 directions, and don't need to use custom animations, you will have an "sprint" script xD

http://www.santuariorpgmaker.com/forum/ ... -animacao/
It's on brasillian portuguese.
To turn off the diagonal movement just set this to false:
Diagonal_Movement = true

You also need to turn on the "Run Switch", the switch is the one with this ID:
Running_Switch = 2

Thanks I will give that a try. What button is for running on this switch? where can i change the button that SPRINTS. so he walks normal but if holding a specific button down u sprint.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.