Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Requesting a CBS(DBS in this case) script

meira

Well, hi :wink01: . I'd like someone to do a script for me, a CBS (it's more like a DBS), since I don't have time to learn RGSS.

I asked someone (Chaosg1) to do it, but he has no time, though he said it was simple for a nice scripter to make. So I'm asking someone to do it.

It's like this:

-The battle starts with a player touch event, in wich the lines of code are teleport to the arena and the comment ' Battle Execute', wich will start displaying the windows, HP, MP, etc.

-The hero HP is a variable (so I can change it easily), and when it reaches zero, the hero obviously dies. The MP is also a variable. They are displayed in a small box on the lower left corner of the screen

- When it is time to attack, message boxes appear (on the upper-left corner of the screen), one says 'Weapon', another one says 'Items' and the last one says 'Special'. Now comes the hard part: the whole battle is controled by mouse, so that if you click 'Weapon', it expands and has text the saying 'The weapon never misses a fight. Use it to damage an opponent!', and will have a 156x156 picture of the weapon(inside the window)(located in the folder 'RMXP/Project1/CBS Images' )then has two buttons, inside the window: 'Use' and 'Cancel' , so that 'Cancel' takes the player to the previous scene, in wich the player choses 'Weapon', 'Items', or 'Special'.
If the player clicks 'Use' the windows disappear and he (or she) choses the enemy to attack. The damage dealed by the weapon and by magic are also variables, wich vary from enemy to enemy.

The 'Items' window also expands and has some text: 'Even the most powerfull warrior takes his items to a fight. Use them to aid you in any way!', and has also a 156x156 picture of a bag (inside the window) wich is in the same folder ('RMXP/Project1/CBS Images'), has also the 'Cancel' button, but instead of the 'Use' one, it has a 'Open Bag' one. If the player clicks this one the items window comes.

If the player clicks the 'Magic' window it expands and has a text: 'The lost art of magic can be even more powerfull than the best weapon of them all. Use it to almost instantly kill an opponent!', and has in this moment five buttons: 'Water', 'Fire', 'Earth', 'Air', and our friend, the 'Cancel' button.after the player clicks one of the four magics, a 156x156 picture of the clicked element appears (inside the window) wich is in the same folder('RMXP/Project1/CBS Images') and the 'Use' button appears. After the player clicks it, he(or she) choses the enemy. Each magic consumes 15 MP.

-After this, the hero disappears(when the 'Weapon' or 'Magic' are selected), and a battle animation takes place(the battle animations will have the hero running towards the enemy and vice-versa, r the hero summoning magic).

-The Battleground is a normal map and the battlers will be normal chars.

-The hero (only one) will stay on the left side and the enemys on the right side.
+->To make new enemys I'd like, in the script (inside the same script or in a separate one), some kind of an enemy creator, with fields that I can fill, and for each enemy I just copy and paste the blank fields, like:

Name:
Hp:
Hero Weapon deals: x HP
Hero Magic deals: x HP
Charset:
Attacks(Battle animations):
Attacks deal: x HP
ID:

*Then each enemy will have his own ID, so :

Name: Goblin
HP: 50
Hero Weapon deals: 10 HP
Hero Magic deals: 45 HP
Charset: 068-Goblin02
Attacks(Battle animations): Goblin_Kick1
Attacks deal: 5 HP
ID: Goblin02

*and when I create the battle map I put the comment 'Goblin02' on an event so it knows he's the enemy and not a NPC(there will also be NPCs in the area, like running people, birds, etc.).

- the battle takes turns, the hero attacks, then the monsters attack, not real time.

----->> Don't forget the battle is controled by the computer's mouse! In wich the arrow goes around the screen and clicks the boxes and the enemys

And that's all!(like that's not enough...) I hope someone has the time and patience to do this. Much credit will be given! Thanks, and very goooooooood luck! Please someone make it...

Stay cool :glasses01:

Well, bumping does what it means, posting something to a thread to "bump" it all the way to the top. And unless it's been 72 hours since your last bump, we shall not bump...

And you should be more patient when requesting CBS, no matter how simple it is ;)

Read the rules.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.