Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request: Zelda Like Game Scripts

Alright, im trying to make a Zelda: OoT RMXP remake (Or as ill call it The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Melody of Wind) and I need these things:

A start up screen menu like the OoT one (Has the three save files, copy and earse options, and an exit option)

*A pixel Movement System (I know ones on here, but I can remember the topic, so if you could point me in that direction, i would be greatful)

*A swiming System (Not really important right now, but will be for the Water Temple and stuff) with a drive feature (Hence the water temple) if anyone can.

*A mirror Shield system (Reflections and such) and just plain Mirror System.

*A zelda Menu system (You know, it shows where your character is and stuff, transparent, has around 5 or 6 different sections)

*A hook Shot and Long Shot and Switch Shot system (Switch shot from the GBA zelda games)

A Mask System that changes your character (A feature from MM)

A fire system (Like for torches and lighting deku sticks on fire)

And an Ocarina song playing system.

I know this might be a little much, but I wanna make this game work fully. I wanna show what I can do using the RMXP. Not all of these are fully required except those with a * beside them and those can be down tuned a bit so it is easier for people to make. If you can Please help me, then thank you. If you can teach me how to do this, that would be even better. (i dont know anything about scripting, but im a quick learner, and i look at the scripts all the chances i get. Thanks!

Gorechild

If you stop using *'s after a while because you're sick of it, you know you're requesting too much ^_^

No, seriously... you're basically requesting the game ^_^ Better try scripting by yourself or post this in the Recruitment forum...

Yeyinde made a OoT Menu system that looks pretty good. As for the whole system, I remeber seeing a Zelda starter kit somewhere. Maybe it would be better to search for it.

*A swiming System (Not really important right now, but will be for the Water Temple and stuff) with a drive feature (Hence the water temple) if anyone can.

You could use my Vehicle system, if you can find it.

*A mirror Shield system (Reflections and such) and just plain Mirror System.

I can add that to the Map Object Manager System I am working on.

*A hook Shot and Long Shot and Switch Shot system (Switch shot from the GBA zelda games)

That is one of the things you can do in the Map Object Manager System I am working on.

* A Mask System that changes your character (A feature from MM)

You could probably use one of the Visual Equipment systems for this. I am working on one as well.

*A fire system (Like for torches and lighting deku sticks on fire)

You could just use a switch and timer operation or something.

And an Ocarina song playing system.

I am working on a extremely custom ocarina system, that allows you to create music notes (sound effect, icon, name, input button or keyboard button), custom songs (name, note order, replay timing, etc.)

You can play it anytime, and a window can possibly pop up. When you play a song, the window pops up (if its turned off) and replays the song.

Then, depending on your song settings, you can change switches, variables, etc.

Well, the problem with using the vehicle systems are that it doesnt really make it seem like your really swimming. I want it so as soon as you get so deep into the water, your character plops right in and begins swimming. But the rest ill check out. Thanks Seph.

Sorry for a double post, but this is also a kinda bump type thing too. But I also need a script that connects two maps together so, like as we all know, in the great deku tree how when in the main area, when going up those steps the display map changes but theres no transaction or anything like that, link just keeps going as normal. I need a script that can join maps together like each one is a different layer to one big map. If anyone can do this, i would appriciate it, if its already real, point we toward it and if you don't understand me, Ill explain in better detail. Tanks

i got slipknot to help me with terrain tags... im making a zelda game and in this game you can swim with the tag, it makes a splash and changes your character to the swim set...
also it is set up for climbing and crawling...
seems useful to me... anyway...
sayonara!

I don't know how to help you... I used switches and seperate character sets to make the swimming effect. Otherwise, I am here, bouncing off the wall, waiting for your game!

Believe it. You are hearing this from me.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.