Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Request] Would like an Actor Movenment Script

Well, I definitely looked for a script that does this, but every search for "Actor Movement" yields results pointing towards a battle engine. Ergo, I am requesting the script here. If it already exists, please point my silly self in the correct direction.

I am looking for a script can be called from an event, allowing a character/actor to move from its current location to a target location. The difference between my request and a teleport is that movement is not instantaneous.

I request that the script's input be something similar to this, if only for ease of use: (this example is written in psuedocode)

ActorMovementScript(ActorID, X Target, Y Target, Speed Level, Frequency Level, Through TRUE, Direction Fix TRUE, Move Animation TRUE, Stop Animation TRUE, Always On Top TRUE)

The ActorID should be the Event's ID, with 0 being for the Player controlled Actor.

An example, still in psuedocode, is as follows:

ActorMovement(0,15,25,4,6,1,0,1,0,0)

That would have the Player move to x15, Y25, moving at Fast Speed with Highest Frequency, going through obstacles with movement animation active.

For the 0 values, the scripter can denote that 0 means off, or null means off, whichever they prefer. If it can be made compatible with the "Wait For Move's Completion" event, then all the better!

And that's it! I believe that I have given enough information. There is no terrible rush on it, and it could be very useful for people wanting to automate the movement of actors to a specific place without having to use time consuming movement events combined with complex math equations (well, complex for RPGMaker).

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.