Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Request] Title System

Summary
No, not title screen, titles. It's self-explanatory but if you really need to know, it's like each character has a second name or something and they grant bonuses or whatever. Basically, each character will start with a title (such as "Pint-Sized Hero") that is viewable in their status screen. Two keys have uses for this, which I would like to be able to set in the script. One when pressed brings up the description and statictical/special bonuses it provides, and the second key when pressed will allow the player to switch titles if the selected character has more than one title.

Features Desired
*Basically, each character will start with a basic title in their status screen, usually with no statistical/special bonuses.
*In the script, I would like these things: Title name, description, and what statistical/special bonuses they provide.
*And of course what conditions are needed to earn a title...let me go through a handful:
+Stat based
+Switch based (On or off)
+Variable based
+Character graphic
+Character name
+Battle based (number of evades, hits (both delivered and received) criticals, total battles, total KOed enemies, first strike/ambushes (since I'm using Atoa's Enu Side-View CBS, number of times escaped successful, and number of times escape failed)
+Class based
+Skill based
+Item based
+Weapon/Armor based
+Enemies based
+State based
+System data based (Current # of currency, total save count, etc...)
+Event based
+Special (anything that wouldn't fit into the categories above)

Mockups
titlesystemmockup.png

*I put the alignment thing in because I'm using Leon's alignment system.

Games its been in
Tales of Symphonia

Did you search?
Yes

Scripts Being Used
Enu Side-View Custom Battle System (Enu and Atoa)
All of the weapon animal add-ons for Enu Side-Battle
Animated Battlers for Enu SV BS
Battle Windows for Enu SV BS
HP/MP Meters for Enu SV BS
Atoa CTB for Enu SV BS
AMS (Dubalex)
Map Stats* (Dubalex)
Shop Overhaul (Leon)
Anti Event Lag System (Zeriab)
Aligment System (Leon)
Advanced Weather System (Ccoa)
Character Database (Nakate)
Monster Book with comments (Momo)
Compile Multiple Show Choices Together (Jimmie)
+Menu Mod by Night-Runner
+Enemy Levels by RotimiKid
*=Including Keyboard script.

Where did you search?
HBgames
CreationAsylum
RPGRevolution

What did you search for?
title system
titles system

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.